addendum to can't reopen newsreader

I can now see that going to tools>options>general that it tells me that
"this application is not default newsreader. Click on button "make this
program default" changes message to this application is default newsreader".
Click apply or OK and close window then reopen...same message "this
application is NOT default newsreader." I can't make program default! Then
when I close newsreader and use news button to restart, I am taken back to
obscure systems folder.

Help!

IE, tools menu, options/Program tab, set dropbox for news to OE

--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509