Coaches and training in FM2005

Gaffer

When picking which coaches I should assign to my sides first team training,
should I pick coaches of similar preferences, i.e.: man marking,
adventurous, stand off? Also, how many members of staff should I assign to
my 'first team' training schedule? Many players keep getting injured and I
suspect I've not got this setup right.

--
Gaffer

> Many players keep getting injured and I suspect I've not got this setup
> right.

You can also assign physios to your training, this will minimize the chances
for injuries among your players.

Emil

Gaffer wrote:
> When picking which coaches I should assign to my sides first team training,
> should I pick coaches of similar preferences, i.e.: man marking,
> adventurous, stand off? Also, how many members of staff should I assign to
> my 'first team' training schedule? Many players keep getting injured and I
> suspect I've not got this setup right.

I got three teams, Liverpool, rosenborg and werder bremen. Rosenborg and
liverpool get a lot of injuries, but werder almost NEVER has an injured
player...and they`ve got one phsyio less than liverool, so it can`t be
that. I guess it`s the amount of games, since liverpool are in two cups,
champions league and the premiership. Werder has one domestic cup, uefa
cup and the league. The physics of my werder players are much better
than liverpool. Liverpools players has more technique, dribbling,
finishing etc, but werders players has strength, stamina etc. A lot of
things can cause one team to have more injuries than the other...

>> When picking which coaches I should assign to my sides first team
>> training, should I pick coaches of similar preferences, i.e.: man
>> marking, adventurous, stand off? Also, how many members of staff should I
>> assign to my 'first team' training schedule? Many players keep getting
>> injured and I suspect I've not got this setup right.
>>

> I got three teams, Liverpool, rosenborg and werder bremen. Rosenborg and
> liverpool get a lot of injuries, but werder almost NEVER has an injured
> player...and they`ve got one phsyio less than liverool, so it can`t be
> that. I guess it`s the amount of games, since liverpool are in two cups,
> champions league and the premiership. Werder has one domestic cup, uefa
> cup and the league. The physics of my werder players are much better than
> liverpool. Liverpools players has more technique, dribbling, finishing
> etc, but werders players has strength, stamina etc. A lot of things can
> cause one team to have more injuries than the other...

Mayby it could be the training facilities? At FC København (FC Copenhagen)
which I coach, they have top facilities (as I remember).

Mayby Liverpool and Rosenborg doesn't have that good facilities, so the
players may have a bigger risk getting injured?

Emil

Emil Jensen [2100] wrote:
>>>When picking which coaches I should assign to my sides first team
>>>training, should I pick coaches of similar preferences, i.e.: man
>>>marking, adventurous, stand off? Also, how many members of staff should I
>>>assign to my 'first team' training schedule? Many players keep getting
>>>injured and I suspect I've not got this setup right.
>>>

>>I got three teams, Liverpool, rosenborg and werder bremen. Rosenborg and
>>liverpool get a lot of injuries, but werder almost NEVER has an injured
>>player...and they`ve got one phsyio less than liverool, so it can`t be
>>that. I guess it`s the amount of games, since liverpool are in two cups,
>>champions league and the premiership. Werder has one domestic cup, uefa
>>cup and the league. The physics of my werder players are much better than
>>liverpool. Liverpools players has more technique, dribbling, finishing
>>etc, but werders players has strength, stamina etc. A lot of things can
>>cause one team to have more injuries than the other...
>

> Mayby it could be the training facilities? At FC København (FC Copenhagen)
> which I coach, they have top facilities (as I remember).
>
> Mayby Liverpool and Rosenborg doesn't have that good facilities, so the
> players may have a bigger risk getting injured?
>
> Emil

Did you just compare FC Copenhagen and Liverpool? Oh my.. :)

> Did you just compare FC Copenhagen and Liverpool? Oh my.. :)

I know that question would come..
But, mayby the game compares the team's facilities only in their
home-leagues. So Kalundborgs players is more likely getting injuried than FC
Copenhagens players. But Liverpools players are more likely getting injuried
than Arsensals (and FC Copenhagen because it's a topclub in the danish
league)?

Emil

Emil Jensen [2100] wrote:
>>>When picking which coaches I should assign to my sides first team
>>>training, should I pick coaches of similar preferences, i.e.: man
>>>marking, adventurous, stand off? Also, how many members of staff should I
>>>assign to my 'first team' training schedule? Many players keep getting
>>>injured and I suspect I've not got this setup right.
>>>

>>I got three teams, Liverpool, rosenborg and werder bremen. Rosenborg and
>>liverpool get a lot of injuries, but werder almost NEVER has an injured
>>player...and they`ve got one phsyio less than liverool, so it can`t be
>>that. I guess it`s the amount of games, since liverpool are in two cups,
>>champions league and the premiership. Werder has one domestic cup, uefa
>>cup and the league. The physics of my werder players are much better than
>>liverpool. Liverpools players has more technique, dribbling, finishing
>>etc, but werders players has strength, stamina etc. A lot of things can
>>cause one team to have more injuries than the other...
>

> Mayby it could be the training facilities? At FC København (FC Copenhagen)
> which I coach, they have top facilities (as I remember).
>
> Mayby Liverpool and Rosenborg doesn't have that good facilities, so the
> players may have a bigger risk getting injured?
>
> Emil

Well, Rosenborg has excellent training facilites, and Liverpool are
among the best in the world in that area...while Werder is actually a
small club (despite winning bundesliga last season), so that can`t be it.

"Emil Jensen [2100]" wrote:

> > Did you just compare FC Copenhagen and Liverpool? Oh my.. :)
>
> I know that question would come..
> But, mayby the game compares the team's facilities only in their
> home-leagues. So Kalundborgs players is more likely getting injuried than FC
> Copenhagens players. But Liverpools players are more likely getting injuried
> than Arsensals (and FC Copenhagen because it's a topclub in the danish league)?

One has to bear in mind as well SI made the injury distribution as such that there is more or
less a fixed amount of injuries for any club in any league regardless of the number and quality
of club facilities, staffers and physios. The injury dice are cast once a savegame is made. It
is a matter of luck whether you are then stuck with a injury crisis or not.