Plugged in, not charging

Status
Not open for further replies.

csnorman

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012
Hello,
I have tried many things by reading possible solutions to this problem. I have an Acer Aspire 5920. I get the plugged in not charging only after I unplug the ac adapter and plug back in. I can get it to charge by taking out the battery and putting it back in then you see it charging. Once I unplug again and plug it back in it won't charge until I take out battery and put it back in every single time. OY..what can this be?

something is wrong with the power adapter most likely. the way you describe it the cord is loose somewhere preventing it to charge. if you can go on ebay and plug in your model number and you can find a power adapter dirt cheap. another suggestion is you can go buy a universal power adapter but those can be pricey

csnorman

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012
I bought the laptop on ebay and got it to work and its GREAT except for this problem. Got a new ac adapter, new battery and new dc jack and fan. I just did a Bios update and still not. The only thing I can think of is to get another mobo cuz maybe the contacts are bad which is integrated onto the mobo. What you think?

csnorman

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012
The battery light will come on after a few hours. But if I want it to start charging right away I have to take the battery out then put back in. Just trying to give as much info as possible.

csnorman

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012
I don't know if you saw my other post , but I did get a new battery, new ac adapter, updated my bios, battery drivers. I just think the contact between the battery may be bad. If so then I have to get a new mobo, only other thing I can think of. Im going to try cleaning the contacts again but not sure if that will help.

csnorman

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012
Guess I will see how to do that on google. I want to give this laptop to someone and she so wells deserves something good. I want to make sure she has a good working computer. When the ac is plugged in, the battery will pick it up eventually. Or I can just take out and put back in the battery then it will show plugged in and charging. Mystery to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.