How much is my laptop worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

henry07

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
I have a Dell XPS 15 laptop. It is around seven months used, but was recently refurbished by a Dell technician and restored to factory settings. It is under warranty until July.

Specs:
-2nd gen i7 2720QM (3.3 Ghz Quad Core)
-8gb Ram
-1080p screen
-2 gb NVidia gt 540m
-Microsoft Office
-Blu-ray
-upgraded Battery

Comes with Sleeve and Mouse as bonuses (Cost me $40)

So what do you think I could sell this for via Craigslist?

Solution

Well if it's in a perfect condition then you would be looking between 700-800 dollars from someone who knows what they're buying, you wouldn't get close to $1000 because these days you can buy a similar performing laptop to yours for around $1000 Brand New, but you should happily take around 800$ for your laptop as it should satisfy both you and the buyer.

henry07

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012

Kiingzz

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
Ignore Brett I believe he is wrong. I recently bought a similar laptop compared to this from dell brand new, but your specs beat mine, you have more RAM, a bit better processor, and a similar performing gpu in contrast to mine. My laptop is worth 900$ I would say you could easily get 500$ if you listed on eBay but I would expect someone to pay close to 700$ with them specs if its in mint condition. =)

henry07

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012

Dude what's your problem? I'm not selling anything illegal and i'm not even selling to the good people of Tom's. I'm trying to find a fair price to ask for my $1450 used laptop on craigslist. Just because I called out your ridiculous appraisal of $50 doesn't give you the right to troll on me...

henry07

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012

Cheers that's what I was looking for!

Is Brett a well known troll in these parts? Lol

Hi :)

My name is BRETT not Dude....

What IS your problem?

I gave you an honest answer to your question...in my shops.... a TRADE price....

Now your lappy may well be worth more than 50 to 200 , but we wouldnt pay it....

Let me tell you a trade secret..... What YOU think its worth and what the person who buys it thinks its worth are two TOTALLY Different things...

Also its SECOND HAND ..... you really think people will buy a second hand lappy from you with NO guarantee for the same price they can buy a new one ??

All the best Brett :)

Kiingzz

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012

Not too sure, but he doesn't know what he's talking about thinking your laptop is worth less than 200$, also is it 32 bit or 64 bit and does it have any signs of wear or performance drop since it has been refurbished also what is it's native screen resolution?

henry07

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012

Nah it's in perfect condition. 64-bit Windows 7 Home Professional.

Also, to reply to Brett's (Dude's) further trolling, I personally think its worth something like $1000-1100, but that's why i'm looking for a second opinion here.

I know PRECISELY what I am talking about....

How many Computer shops or Laptop Repair companies do either of you own ??

Kiingzz

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012

Hello there Brett.

If someone was going to buy a laptop brand new with the specs his laptop has they would be paying between $1000-$1500 with warranty and all.

So my question is, do you just come on this forum to troll people or just to make yourself look like you know stuff about laptops and pricing? because you really don't have a clue, Cheers buddy ;)

Kiingzz

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012

Well if it's in a perfect condition then you would be looking between 700-800 dollars from someone who knows what they're buying, you wouldn't get close to $1000 because these days you can buy a similar performing laptop to yours for around $1000 Brand New, but you should happily take around 800$ for your laptop as it should satisfy both you and the buyer.

Solution

henry07

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012

Um... one. (Repair, why i'm using craigslist).

Also, I've had four offers of around $800 but thought I could get more and turned them down.

henry07

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012

It's pretty much just an online classified ads... It is used semi-widely in the states.

Ah....so you cannot Auction your lappy on it with a reserve price.... ?

The reason I say that is you could put say $1100 as a reserve, and if it sells all well and good but if it doesnt , slowly lower the reserve until you find its true value...

Gumtree.com is roughly the British equivalent of Craigslist. Sort of 'localized to an area' online adverts and not an auction site.

Status
Not open for further replies.