vectrex on psp...possible?

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

Lodewijk van Haringhal wrote:
> Maybe DVE will work on the PSP because there is a dos emulator written for
> the PSP.
> Anyone who can test this combination?
>
> The Dosbox can be found here: http://www.pspupdates.com
>
> DVE can be download here:
> http://www.theoldcomputer.com/Libarary's/Emulation/emulators_summary.htm

Hmmm... I'd be interested in seeing how well this works too.

I wonder if it could be a bit slow, as DosBox would have to be emulating
an x86 processor on the PSP, not just providing a PC/DOS environment.

If it is then porting one of the other emulators would be possible. VecX
is really light-weight and should be quite easy - for someone who has
the time...

Regards
Roberto/.

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

there's one major disadvantage with the psp:
until now you won't be able to run homebrewn code on all firmware 2.0
psps (all european psps and jap/us that updated)
and you will want to update since of cool future features like web
browser, etc.
of course someone might hack the psp again but do you expect sony not
do do anything against it.?
if by one day you cannot play original games without updating (forced
updates like microsoft uses them), all your emulator effords will be
worthless.
though the psp is more powerful i suggest the ds (or next GP32...) is
the better choice in emulating.
i trust in our hacking-engineers but prefer to wait another 6-12 month
before investing too much time in emulation that will be switched of by
sony..

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

Some people have been buy two or more PSP's so they can ply current games on
one PSP, Then use the other PSP for homebrew stuff. they way only one
will ever have current firmware.

This may not be an option for too many people but it's one that works.