And another cool developement wip

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

Are you building a kind of Minicade from MDF ?

Richard H.

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

"Richard Hutchinson" <richard.hutchinson@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in news:_
4qdnTG8PMe6d4TeRVnytg@pipex.net:

> Are you building a kind of Minicade from MDF ?
>

> Richard H.

Close...

Only better with better controls of course .. ;)

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

"Chris Romero" <NOSPAMTO-cromero-PLEASE@ROMERO.ORG> wrote in news:wllSe.709
$I91.551@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com:

> I would love another great controller for the Vectrex! When can I
> pre-order??
>
>:)
>
> Chris Romero
>

> "dgo" <bakkerpReMoVe@xs4all.nl> wrote in message
>> http://www.xs4all.nl/~bakkerp/Minestorm/panels.JPG

hehe well who knows

let's finish this proto first ;)

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

Roberto Nerici <rn@bloggo.org> wrote in

> dgo wrote:
>> http://www.xs4all.nl/~bakkerp/Minestorm/panels.JPG
>
> Please tell us more!
>
> I really want to buy another controller (not original) for my Vectrex.
> The ones being sold here
> http://cgi.ebay.nl/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8212941093&ssPageName
> =MERC_VI_RSCCK_Pr4_PcY_BIN_Stores looked interesting, amongst others.
>
> If this is another option, I am interested.
>
> Regards
> Roberto/.

More pics and info tomorrow.... nicely progressing.

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

WOW, it looks fabulous !, you have some wicked construction skills.

Are you going to paint it gloss black ?

BTW what's the fifth button do ?

Richard H.

> WOW, it looks fabulous !, you have some wicked construction skills.

Thanks! My woodworking is still improving with every project. I put extra
effort in the design with this, loosely matching the angles and shape of
the Vec's case. I love it already :D

> Are you going to paint it gloss black ?

Yes, this one is going to be all black (not full gloss though).
Should look very nice with a blue lit marquee and overlay.

> BTW what's the fifth button do ?

It's just an extra button 4 so you can choose between two configurations. I
kinda like to have a choice with button 4 at a convenient 'rapid-slam'
position.

Richard Hutchinson wrote:
> WOW, it looks fabulous !, you have some wicked construction skills.
>
> Are you going to paint it gloss black ?
>

> BTW what's the fifth button do ?

I wondered about that. Auto-fire for the first button would be useful!

Roberto/.

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

Roberto Nerici <rn@bloggo.org> wrote in news:431e0e34$0$19762
$cc9e4d1f@news.dial.pipex.com:

> Richard Hutchinson wrote:
>> WOW, it looks fabulous !, you have some wicked construction skills.
>>
>> Are you going to paint it gloss black ?
>>

>> BTW what's the fifth button do ?
>
> I wondered about that. Auto-fire for the first button would be useful!
>
> Roberto/.

nah that's cheating in my book..

real arcade players just rsi their arms off

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

"dgo" <bakkerpReMoVe@xs4all.nl> wrote in message
> I didn't have as much time as I hoped, but still nice progress.
>
> Think I will call this the VecCab.
>
> http://www.xs4all.nl/~bakkerp/Minestorm/veccab1.JPG

That's 'Frikkin Awesome'!!!!

Really impressed with that, it showed potential on the first pics but that
looks so solid and well designed.

And there I was happy that last night I was using my jigsaw for the first
time to cut basic notches out of laminate flooring!

cNp

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

Fantastic job !!!
....Maybe... you could share your blueprints with us ? ;-)

GeoAnas
www.gameland.gr/geoanas/

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

Cabe looks great Pepijn! I'm reminded of the promotional cabinet
artwork for YASI and Protector, I presume these were rendered rather
than real life? (AH?) Your Cabe would look so cool with the old "Space
Invader" style cabinet artwork on the side. Love your idea of the
illuminated marquee.. Imagine illuminated Tron artwork with the Deadly
Disc Demo... Drool!!

Keep up the good work, Shaddam

P.S. Lovely job on the Sega joystick. Pristine presentation, many
thanks.

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

Are you going with an 8-way or an analog stick? I'm guessing 8-way,
but I wanted to be sure.

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

"ShaddamVI" <x@chaom.co.uk> wrote in news:1126171696.770786.4990
@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> Cabe looks great Pepijn! I'm reminded of the promotional cabinet
> artwork for YASI and Protector, I presume these were rendered rather
> than real life? (AH?) Your Cabe would look so cool with the old "Space
> Invader" style cabinet artwork on the side. Love your idea of the
> illuminated marquee.. Imagine illuminated Tron artwork with the Deadly
> Disc Demo... Drool!!
>
> Keep up the good work, Shaddam
>
> P.S. Lovely job on the Sega joystick. Pristine presentation, many
> thanks.

Thanks!

Those Manu artworks are pretty cool yes! I especially like the YASI
artwork. That guy is a real artist.

As for this cab, it will be black with metal details.I also like the Tron
artwork, but then it will be a mini tron cab which it isn't ;)
Later I can still decide to apply some sideart. But unfortunately I'm not
very artistic to come up with a good sideart so it'll probably stay black
(which is pretty cool on itself)

Glad you like the Sega stick!

Cheers,

Pepijn

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

"Matt Fisher" <matthewdfisher@aol.com> wrote in

> Are you going with an 8-way or an analog stick? I'm guessing 8-way,
> but I wanted to be sure.

The cab will have a standard arcade microswitched 8-way joy and matching
pushbuttons. There's only a few games which use analog so you really
wouldn't want that.

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

dgo <bakkerpReMoVe@xs4all.nl> wrote in news:Xns96C67BAE054FD696969@
194.109.133.242:

It's almost finished ! And it's playing like a charm because I set a new
personal best on minestorm while playtesting.

I'm still waiting for the T-molding though.

There's a tiny movie plus a not too clear pic on my site for now, better
ones later

http://www.xs4all.nl/~bakkerp/Minestorm/