my computer freezes when I open files in fax & picture vie..

Many times when I try to open files in my documents, my computer freezes. I
can scan to file, save to file etc. no problem. I can print from these files
and email the files and view them before I open.- no problem. I have tried
emailing to someone and they can open it up with no repercussions. As soon as
I try to open in my own computer I get a freeze-up. Please help.
--
thanks, potsie

To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type (or paste in): SFC /SCANNOW (see: Description of Windows XP and Windows Server
2003 System File Checker (Sfc.exe): http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310747 )

--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
"potsie" <potsie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DD48BC90-1998-4AB2-B689-7FEBB876CE2E@microsoft.com...
> Many times when I try to open files in my documents, my computer freezes. I
> can scan to file, save to file etc. no problem. I can print from these files
> and email the files and view them before I open.- no problem. I have tried
> emailing to someone and they can open it up with no repercussions. As soon as
> I try to open in my own computer I get a freeze-up. Please help.
> --
> thanks, potsie

computer still freezing when I open files. I want to thank you for your
input but it didnt work.This is driving me crazy. I have done everything I
can think of. Someone suggested it could be the motherboard, but would that
affect only one aspect of my computer?
--
thanks, potsie