MP3 not recognized by USB

sorry for bringing this up again but my MP3 player just will not be
rrecognized by my windows XP. I have uninstalled all of the USB controllers
etc. and yet it still does not function on this brand new computer. i have
this MP3 player installed on 2 other machines and it works great but some
reason this computer says it malfunctions even when the software and
everything is installed by windows. all i get is a message that says o try
pplugging it in again and barring that replacing the device. i also get a
safe to remove icon. please please please help me out, i am going out of my
mind
--
thanks

Is it at all possible you have a bad USB slot? I have on my PC where one USB
port is bad. Could that be it? Try a different port.

BMR777
www.rusnakweb.com