$2000 Non-Bandai item

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

I guess everyone has seen the results, but for those who have not....

All done at $2000.00
http://cgi.ebay.com/Vectrex-system-1980-100-Factory-Sealed-Never-Opened_W0QQitemZ8216867943

Vectrex system 1980 100 % Factory Sealed Never Opened
One of a Kind.Guaranteed Factory Sealed Serial #0085044

To date this Vectrex item must be the highest price paid for any original
production related Non-Bandai Vectrex item! It's fairly close to the
highest price for any Vectrex item ever I am aware of.

The only other single item I heard selling for more money is the Ithaca
Intersystems Development System Mark Indictor used that Wilk supposedly sold
off. The Vectrex DevSys was supposed to be in %100% working condition with
the included equipment. By stating supposedly I am indicating I really
don't have any solid proof it was sold. Even if it was sold off, the only
estimates I have of the price are at least $5000.00 (maybe a lot more) to a
classic system collector who did not care about the Vectrex part of the sale
as much as the computer and the I.C.E. board. Which btw, Mark's system was
the best configured Ithaca on the market at the time. All of this is
information as I remember it from talking to Wilk of course. Too bad I
didn't have $5000 to spend on the system.

Chris Romero

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

"Chris Romero" <NOSPAMTO-cromero-PLEASE@ROMERO.ORG> wrote in

> To date this Vectrex item must be the highest price paid for any
> original production related Non-Bandai Vectrex item!

Wrong there (well, by $5 Chris so don't feel hard about it ;) )

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8193496702

And this was really over the top. This is what started the insane price
increases iir of the last months

And check out the buyer..

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

I am amazed!! And thanks for correcting me, I had missed this one.

Looks to be the same buyer, hmmm. (dreamily seeing retirement for selling
entire Vectrex collection)

Chris Romero

dgo wrote:
> "Chris Romero" <NOSPAMTO-cromero-PLEASE@ROMERO.ORG> wrote in
>

>>To date this Vectrex item must be the highest price paid for any
>>original production related Non-Bandai Vectrex item!
>

> Wrong there (well, by $5 Chris so don't feel hard about it ;) )
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8193496702
>
> And this was really over the top. This is what started the insane price
> increases iir of the last months
>
> And check out the buyer..

Someone has got a lot of money to spend in their Vectrex collection.
Maybe it's a sound investment?

Anyway, here's another 3d imager:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vectrex-3D-Imager_W0QQitemZ8218420335QQcategoryZ50226QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

You can Buy It Now for just £795 (just under $1500) - a bargain :)

Roberto/.