Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

Hi Guys,

I'm afraid I've got to a point where some collision detection has
forced the need for me to fall back on a debugger. (About time!) As we
all know DVE doesn't work in XP so I'd been resisting it as long as
possible. So I dug out an old laptop and fished out a nice unopened
Win98 CD and thought I'd be sorted.. and as far as running DVE V1.40 I
was. The only problem is as far as I can tell is the 1.40 version uses
a separate executable for the debugger, (vectdbg.exe) and this is not
in the standard package. I've found the source as a separate download,
which I think will build into vectdbg but this is a fair bit of hassle
when I would have thought it was somewhere on the net. Sadly the
arcadeathome.com doesn't seem to have any of its zips present which is
also adding to the inconvenience. So I guess I'm taking the lazy way
out, but..

Does anyone have a vectdbg.exe (140) they could send to my email
address? (the newsgroup one is fine, above)

Oh btw if anyone suggests using V2.00, that would be a great idea as it
seems to have the debugger built in..and I would, but for some reason
my spare laptop comes up with a Vesa error and V2.00 won't run! :)

Sorry for the lame request, but I just want to get on with my
vectrexing not getting tied up Win98 C builds. :)

Many thanks, Shaddam

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

Not needed anymore! I've sorted out an aged graphics driver so can now
run V2.0. Hence my need for Vectdbg has evaporated. There weren't any
samaritans but at least this will stop anyone else going to any trouble
in the future if they read my original post. Thanks to those who might
have checked their hard drives. Regards Shaddam

ShaddamVI wrote:
> Not needed anymore! I've sorted out an aged graphics driver so can now
> run V2.0. Hence my need for Vectdbg has evaporated. There weren't any
> samaritans but at least this will stop anyone else going to any trouble
> in the future if they read my original post. Thanks to those who might
> have checked their hard drives. Regards Shaddam

Glad to hear you got a system sorted out.

What sort of debugging capability do you get with DVE v2?

Roberto/.