Lexmark - X85 switch users must reboot to use printer

When my cpu hibernates or switch users, my printer goes off line and I must
reboot to use!!! Can anyone help Ben\Mi.

Press winkey-break(or start/run 'sysdm.cpl') ,/Hardware tab Open the Device manager and click the + sign next to Ports(COM & LPT).
select the printer port, e.g. ECP Printer Port (LPT1). Port Settings tab check the 'Enable legacy Plug and Play detection'

--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
"ben\mi." <ben\mi.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A7107D76-5EE4-47D6-A98E-F1158B347CEE@microsoft.com...
> When my cpu hibernates or switch users, my printer goes off line and I must
> reboot to use!!! Can anyone help Ben\Mi.

bar

If your Lexmark is attached to the USB port of your PC, then it may be that
this port is being 'powered off'.

Open the Device manager and click the + sign next to USB Root Hub and click
on the Power Management tab.

make sure that 'Allow computer to turn off this device to save power' is
unchecked.

"ben\mi." wrote:

> When my cpu hibernates or switch users, my printer goes off line and I must
> reboot to use!!! Can anyone help Ben\Mi.

i had same problem with same printer.
mine was a power issue i bought a powered usb hub and connected all usb
devices into it.modem printer and camera.i've not had a problem since.bet its
an adsl modem as well!