Safe Mode wont boot

hi
my computer has a hugh problem. Windows XP will not boot and when i enter
the F8 set up. All the safe mode options come up but nothing happens when you
press enter it just loops back to the set up screen. Any ideas???
3 answers Last reply
More about safe mode wont boot

    In news:9FFE6CEC-4C77-4A11-966E-FCB2C41F8D06@microsoft.com,
    Mick <Mick@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

    > hi
    > my computer has a hugh problem. Windows XP will not boot and when i
    > enter the F8 set up. All the safe mode options come up but nothing
    > happens when you press enter it just loops back to the set up screen.
    > Any ideas???

    Have you tried the last known good configuration option? If the answer is
    yes and it too didn't work then you're PROBABLY looking at doing a repair
    installation of the OS if not a clean installation entirely.

    Galen

    F8 is not a SET-UP option!

    It is a boot-up option: if you are in set-up remove the CD and reboot, press
    F8 immediately after the BIOS / POST processes and you should get boot up
    options including SAFE MODE.

    In news:CC280B93-ACF8-4DF9-965C-DD02CB64F157@microsoft.com,
    BAR <BAR@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

    > F8 is not a SET-UP option!
    >
    > It is a boot-up option: if you are in set-up remove the CD and
    > reboot, press F8 immediately after the BIOS / POST processes and you
    > should get boot up options including SAFE MODE.

    <G> I'd hoped the OP was just lacking proper terminology.

    Galen

Safe Mode Boot Windows XP