ACCESSING MY ACCESS POINT

Scott

i HAVE A KEY CODE THAT i PUT ON THE LAPTOPS FOR MY WORK.
IF I USE THE MAC ADDRESS ALSO CAN THE LAPTOPS HAVE ACCESS
TO THE NETWORK WITH BOTH OF THEM OR ONE OF THE OTHER

Please lose the all CAPS, Scott. That's shouting on the Internet. What
Microsoft Broadband Networking products are you using? That's what is
supported in this newsgroup. I'd suggest you might start by asking your
networking guru at the place of your employment for direction. If the
machine is a company laptop, they may not want you accessing other networks.
In memory of a true friend, Windows MVP Alex Nichol

Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
Associate Expert

"Scott" <HORROCKS.SCOTT@DOL.GOV> wrote in message
>i HAVE A KEY CODE THAT i PUT ON THE LAPTOPS FOR MY WORK.
> IF I USE THE MAC ADDRESS ALSO CAN THE LAPTOPS HAVE ACCESS
> TO THE NETWORK WITH BOTH OF THEM OR ONE OF THE OTHER

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

Do you intend to "deny" only MAC addresses that you have
not set? In other words, a WEP key would be useless
unless you "allow" MAC addresses for your laptops.

Hope this helps