Laptop Display goes blank

I have a Dell Inspiron 4150. About three weeks ago the screen started going
blank. Actually the images are still there, I just can't see them because
the light goes out. If I go into stand by and then wake it back up the
screen is fine again for a few minutes and then it goes out again. At first
I thought it was a power fluctuation problem because I had a damages cord. I
replaced the cord and still have the problem. To get around it I hooked up a
spare monitor to my lap top but I would like to fix the laptop screen. Any
ideas?
1 answer Last reply
More about laptop display blank

    I have seen this at my work. It was on a Toshiba laptop and we had to
    replace the display on the laptop. If yours us under warranty still call
    Dell. If not look on eBay for a new display. You can also go on dell.com and
    search their forums for an issue like this.

    good luck

    "Margie" <Margie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have a Dell Inspiron 4150. About three weeks ago the screen started
    >going
    > blank. Actually the images are still there, I just can't see them because
    > the light goes out. If I go into stand by and then wake it back up the
    > screen is fine again for a few minutes and then it goes out again. At
    > first
    > I thought it was a power fluctuation problem because I had a damages cord.
    > replaced the cord and still have the problem. To get around it I hooked
    > up a
    > spare monitor to my lap top but I would like to fix the laptop screen.
    > Any
    > ideas?

Windows XP