Laptop Display goes blank

I have a Dell Inspiron 4150. About three weeks ago the screen started going
blank. Actually the images are still there, I just can't see them because
the light goes out. If I go into stand by and then wake it back up the
screen is fine again for a few minutes and then it goes out again. At first
I thought it was a power fluctuation problem because I had a damages cord. I
replaced the cord and still have the problem. To get around it I hooked up a
spare monitor to my lap top but I would like to fix the laptop screen. Any
ideas?

I have seen this at my work. It was on a Toshiba laptop and we had to
replace the display on the laptop. If yours us under warranty still call
Dell. If not look on eBay for a new display. You can also go on dell.com and
search their forums for an issue like this.

good luck