Weird Prob- Can't access MSN, Windows Update or Microsoft ..

Here's the problem. I can access any website that I try except for Microsoft
or MSN. I also cannot access Windows Update. Thinking the problem was with
EI, I installed Firefox but it didn't help. This problem first showed up on
two computers after installing SP-2. The thing is, I have the same software
installed on my laptop and it doesn't have this problem. All of them have
the Windows Firewall installed and implemented, and later Microsoft
AntiSpyware was installed. Turning these off doesn't make any difference.

All three computers are connected to the same network.Everything else about
the network, file and printer sharing works OK. And they are all running the
same version of NAV. The only difference is that SP-2 was installed just
recently on the two problem computers. This problem is driving me crazy.
Help!

Thanks.

Leon
1 answer Last reply
More about weird prob access windows update microsoft

    And when you installed SP2 recently did you do the configuration for
    AUtomatic pdates in exactly the same way?
    Are your security settings for Internet explorer exactly the same?
    Are your settings for the firewall exactly the same?

    By the way, inside a LAN you shouldn't have a firewall running - this maybe
    the problem.

    "Leon Willard" wrote:

    > Here's the problem. I can access any website that I try except for Microsoft
    > or MSN. I also cannot access Windows Update. Thinking the problem was with
    > EI, I installed Firefox but it didn't help. This problem first showed up on
    > two computers after installing SP-2. The thing is, I have the same software
    > installed on my laptop and it doesn't have this problem. All of them have
    > the Windows Firewall installed and implemented, and later Microsoft
    > AntiSpyware was installed. Turning these off doesn't make any difference.
    >
    > All three computers are connected to the same network.Everything else about
    > the network, file and printer sharing works OK. And they are all running the
    > same version of NAV. The only difference is that SP-2 was installed just
    > recently on the two problem computers. This problem is driving me crazy.
    > Help!
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Leon

Windows Update Microsoft Windows XP