Help choosing E2 or T5

Tags:
July 25, 2005 2:04:29 PM

I've run my current Palm into the ground and need to immediately
replace it with a new one.

I am considering either the E2 or the T5. I've seen mostly positive
reviews of the E2 and some negative reviews of the T5, many of which
lament the lack of wi-fi and other high-end features on the t5.

I primarily use my handhelds for mundane tasks ... quicken, diet and
exercise tracking, email via bluetooth and a game here and there, so
the E2 is the most sensible option.

But palm is offering a free wi-fi card with the T5. I'll probably want
a wi-fi card for convenience, so the cost of the T5 package I'd want is
nearly identical to the cost of the E2 package I'd want. And that's
causing me some difficulty in deciding which way to go.

The bigger screen of the T5 is appealing, and I suppose I could make
use of the additional memory, although to be honest having to carry a
cable around to connect the handheld to a PC seems less elegant than
pocketing a tiny thumb drive.

The t5's processor is more muscular as well, but I'm not sure how
relevant that is. Aside from the rare gaming session now and then, I
can't imagine I'll be doing anything terribly taxing.

In the end, I think it would all come down to the screen, which I'd pay
the extra $50 for if everything else was at least equal compared to the
e2.

Is the t5's screen worth it? Is the additional processor power worth
it? Does the T5 memory really come in handy? Does the T5 have more, or
fewer, glitches than the e2? Are there other factors to consider?

Thanks in advance for your input.

More about : choosing

Anonymous
July 27, 2005 6:12:56 AM

On 25 Jul 2005 10:04:29 -0700, "Mike" <mikepearson@gmail.com> spewed forth these
words of wisdom:

>I've run my current Palm into the ground and need to immediately
>replace it with a new one.
>
>I am considering either the E2 or the T5. I've seen mostly positive
>reviews of the E2 and some negative reviews of the T5, many of which
>lament the lack of wi-fi and other high-end features on the t5.
>
>I primarily use my handhelds for mundane tasks ... quicken, diet and
>exercise tracking, email via bluetooth and a game here and there, so
>the E2 is the most sensible option.
>
>But palm is offering a free wi-fi card with the T5. I'll probably want
>a wi-fi card for convenience, so the cost of the T5 package I'd want is
>nearly identical to the cost of the E2 package I'd want. And that's
>causing me some difficulty in deciding which way to go.
>
>The bigger screen of the T5 is appealing, and I suppose I could make
>use of the additional memory, although to be honest having to carry a
>cable around to connect the handheld to a PC seems less elegant than
>pocketing a tiny thumb drive.
>
>The t5's processor is more muscular as well, but I'm not sure how
>relevant that is. Aside from the rare gaming session now and then, I
>can't imagine I'll be doing anything terribly taxing.
>
>In the end, I think it would all come down to the screen, which I'd pay
>the extra $50 for if everything else was at least equal compared to the
>e2.
>
>Is the t5's screen worth it? Is the additional processor power worth
>it? Does the T5 memory really come in handy? Does the T5 have more, or
>fewer, glitches than the e2? Are there other factors to consider?
>
>Thanks in advance for your input.

The extra screen size comes in very handy for viewing documents, photos and
playing games. It's also very nice having 160MB of on-board storage. I only
wish I had scored a free Wi-Fi card. I haven't shelled out the $100 for one
yet.

Galley
!