Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

I have an existing Windows 2000 Workgroup running on a
wireless network, connecting to Broadband via ADSL with a
DLink modem. I have 4 machines working fine, but I'm just
trying to add a laptop to the network and the wirless link
works fine, but I can't get the laptop to see/be seen by
the workgroup.
I've tried various fixes (adjusting properties,
reinstalling TCP/IP etc etc) but no luck so far.
Any thoughts?

You should post your issues to a regular networking newsgroup, or perhaps
check the DLink support information. This newsgroup supports Microsoft's
Broadband Networking hardware and software only, not general networking
problems.
In memory of a true friend, Windows MVP Alex Nichol

Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
Associate Expert

"brian" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have an existing Windows 2000 Workgroup running on a
> wireless network, connecting to Broadband via ADSL with a
> DLink modem. I have 4 machines working fine, but I'm just
> trying to add a laptop to the network and the wirless link
> works fine, but I can't get the laptop to see/be seen by
> the workgroup.
> I've tried various fixes (adjusting properties,
> reinstalling TCP/IP etc etc) but no luck so far.
> Any thoughts?

Did you enable File Sharing on the notebook?
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging