Will deleted Temp folder recreate itself?

Sam

If I delete the entire folder Local Settings\Temp, will it recreate itself?

This would be a convenient way not only to periodically clear out the .tmp
files but also to remove all empty sub folders, instead of having to delete
them manually.

I know that if I delete the History folder it does recreate itself, and I
hope the same thing applies to the Temp folder.

But before doing so I would appreciate an informed opinion.

Many thanks.

DH

Hi

Yes, that folder will be re-created as necessary - that is if you can delete
it.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"Sam" <sam@nospam..co.uk> wrote in message
> If I delete the entire folder Local Settings\Temp, will it recreate
> itself?
>
> This would be a convenient way not only to periodically clear out the .tmp
> files but also to remove all empty sub folders, instead of having to
> delete them manually.
>
> I know that if I delete the History folder it does recreate itself, and I
> hope the same thing applies to the Temp folder.
>
> But before doing so I would appreciate an informed opinion.
>
> Many thanks.
>
> DH

TRENDING THREADS