TECH: Super Pacman Cocktail or Upright??? Help!

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

I am in the process of making a jamma adapter for a super pac board. I
do not have the coin/credit board. I seem to have everything working,
even the play/test switch. It seems that the pcb is stuck in a
coctkail mode. I activated the play/test switch which confirms table
mode. My question is, how is that changed to upright? Are the boards
cabinet specific or does something need to be grounded? I didnt see
anything on the pinout for it. I have 2 boards and both show CT mode.
There is nothing in the dip settings either. Any ideas? Please post
here or email directly..
Any help GREATLY appreciated!

TIA
Troy

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

Problem solved! Thanks to all that replied!

Troy

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

J2 - pin#15 is your CT pin. Run 2 jumpers. One from a ground & one from J2
#15. Twist the ends of the 2 together & secure with a small
marette(electrical cap). When used with an upright, just seperate the 2
wires & cover the ends with electrical tape.

Hope this helps

T.O. Mike

<takeman@comcast.net> wrote in message
>I am in the process of making a jamma adapter for a super pac board. I
> do not have the coin/credit board. I seem to have everything working,
> even the play/test switch. It seems that the pcb is stuck in a
> coctkail mode. I activated the play/test switch which confirms table
> mode. My question is, how is that changed to upright? Are the boards
> cabinet specific or does something need to be grounded? I didnt see
> anything on the pinout for it. I have 2 boards and both show CT mode.
> There is nothing in the dip settings either. Any ideas? Please post
> here or email directly..
> Any help GREATLY appreciated!
>
> TIA
> Troy

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

Yeesh. Or do it classy and get some insulated QD connectors or even a 2 pin
molex using only one pin. For extra points, perhaps there is a nonused DIP
switch on board?

"Toronto Mike" <mikedewe@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> J2 - pin#15 is your CT pin. Run 2 jumpers. One from a ground & one from J2
> #15. Twist the ends of the 2 together & secure with a small
> marette(electrical cap). When used with an upright, just seperate the 2
> wires & cover the ends with electrical tape.
>
> Hope this helps
>
> T.O. Mike
>
> <takeman@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>I am in the process of making a jamma adapter for a super pac board. I
>> do not have the coin/credit board. I seem to have everything working,
>> even the play/test switch. It seems that the pcb is stuck in a
>> coctkail mode. I activated the play/test switch which confirms table
>> mode. My question is, how is that changed to upright? Are the boards
>> cabinet specific or does something need to be grounded? I didnt see
>> anything on the pinout for it. I have 2 boards and both show CT mode.
>> There is nothing in the dip settings either. Any ideas? Please post
>> here or email directly..
>> Any help GREATLY appreciated!
>>
>> TIA
>> Troy

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

No dip on the board that I could find that would work. I used a nice 1
pin molex...Nice-N-Neat!