1500-3000$ gaming laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

plexxis1

Honorable
Mar 31, 2012
Hey everyone! I would like to thank everyone in advance for taking the time in commenting and reading this thread!

well to start off, I was looking at sager's gaming laptops such as http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np9270-clevo-p270wm-ships-midapril-p-3595.html
it was at a nice starting price but when i went to go customize it, the damn thing ended up being like 4 grand =S. Tho, I'm pretty sure I added a bunch of useless and very costly features so I am definitely sure that a good gaming laptop which is capable of running games such as crysis 2 or BF3 on the highest possible settings is still viable under 4 grand.

For those who have noticed the thread under gaming desktop rigs that I have posted earlier today, I'm just looking around to see what my options are and what I can get for my buck. =D
I'm pretty much AlienWares laptops are extremely overpriced, basically the namebrand is the laptop price itself so unless someone can state proof of their laptops being better in performance, quality, reliability, and stability, then I can't see myself pulling out the cash for one. Tho, I realize that laptops are more expensive for a lesser performance which a desktop designed for games could achieve much better, I am simply looking for a laptop for portability. Instead of dragging down a desktop to your buddies house and setting up a monitor, keyboard, mouse, and everything else, I thought it would be more convenient to bring a laptop with a wireless mouse and the charger in a bag...

:p

goals:

- perform great on high-end games such as crysis 1 or 2 and Battlefield 3 on the highest graphics with good fps (30+
- cool looking, willing to spend the money on a custom skin and title on the laptop
- comfortable (will get a laptop cooler thing if needed)
- Can ship to Canada, Ontario
- Will last and still function for a reasonable amount of time (don't worry, i'll take care of it lol)
- If it can be my baby :sol:

If it isn't possible to play these type of games on max graphics within the price range, then if you can, please link or show a different laptop that will either be able to play on the hgihest graphics but with a higher price range, or within the stated price but at a little bit lower performance.

@ plexxis1;

What options did you add to send it over $4K?

$2550 for an Ivy Bridge Core i7-3820 3.6Ghz desktop CPU and 2x GTX 675M graphics notebook.
Thats pretty close to something like a desktop Core i7-3820 and a desktop GTX 580 graphics card system.

Status
Not open for further replies.