Unable to read e-mail attachments and pdf files

This has been going on for a few weeks. If I download an e-mail attachment,
the computer it not recognizing the format to open (ex. If I download a word
doc, it's not being identified automatically. I have to choose the "open
with" option.)

I'm also having problems viewing pdf files online. I thought it may have to
do with an older version of Adobe, so I upgraded to the 7.0 but still can't
read these types of files.

Anyone know what's up?

Restore Default File Associations Easily: http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_easy_file.htm

--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
"heartnsf" <heartnsf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D1F0C76D-7CDD-41E2-AED5-480D1A57879F@microsoft.com...
> This has been going on for a few weeks. If I download an e-mail attachment,
> the computer it not recognizing the format to open (ex. If I download a word
> doc, it's not being identified automatically. I have to choose the "open
> with" option.)
>
> I'm also having problems viewing pdf files online. I thought it may have to
> do with an older version of Adobe, so I upgraded to the 7.0 but still can't
> read these types of files.
>
> Anyone know what's up?

TRENDING THREADS