Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Intel Ad Says Tech Geeks are Rock Stars

Tags:
Last response: in News comments
May 7, 2009 4:07:31 PM

I'm a tech geek but I seem to be missing the groupies. I think I will sue Intel for false advertisement and mental anguish.
Score
May 7, 2009 4:13:07 PM

Is having an Intel Inside sticker like drinking from a Starbucks cup or driving a Ferrari? Are you basically trying to say "Look at the shiny and over-priced things I buy and not my tiny genitalia!"?

I mean seriously, geeks already have over-inflated, yet undeserved egos, Intel doesn't need to encourage us, err... them anymore. Sorry, but your Core i7 965 Extreme w/ 12GB memory and Quad-SLI isn't going to impress the ladies anymore than an AMD.
Score
May 7, 2009 4:22:28 PM

hellwigSorry, but your Core i7 965 Extreme w/ 12GB memory and Quad-SLI isn't going to impress the ladies anymore than an AMD.

True. In fact it won't impress most people, geek or not. You're just saying, "Hey, look at the shitiest $3,000 "investment" I ever made. It'll be worth 1/2 in a year!"
Score
May 7, 2009 4:22:52 PM

if that dude's who invented USB, shouldn't be be on his own tropical island surrounded by supermodels?

Intel stiffed him BADLY....
Score
May 7, 2009 4:24:58 PM

Women swooning over USB? Give me a break..
Score
May 7, 2009 4:25:51 PM

It's all about the pentiums
Score
May 7, 2009 4:29:41 PM

Marcus YamIntel has launched its new ad campaign, demonstrating what many of us already knew – that we’re all rock stars.Intel Ad Says Tech Geeks are Rock Stars : Read more

WTF Marcus... you proud of just rehashing what's in the headline just so you can get first post? Go away, loser, you suck almost as much as DemonHorde 665.
Score
May 7, 2009 4:37:55 PM

Dax CorrinWTF Marcus... you proud of just rehashing what's in the headline just so you can get first post? Go away, loser, you suck almost as much as DemonHorde 665.

Hey dumbass...Marcus wrote the article.
And if you payed attention you will notice that all the comment sections are working this way now (why, I do not know) but the first post always appears to be the sub-headline blurb that is written.
Score
May 7, 2009 4:56:04 PM

Quote:
Dax Corrin :

WTF Marcus... you proud of just rehashing what's in the headline just so you can get first post? Go away, loser, you suck almost as much as DemonHorde 665.

Hey dumbass...Marcus wrote the article.
And if you payed attention you will notice that all the comment sections are working this way now (why, I do not know) but the first post always appears to be the sub-headline blurb that is written.

rofl
Score
May 7, 2009 5:02:37 PM

Someone needs to buy those iron on T-Shirt letters and make a T-shirt that says:

"My Crysis Benchmarks make Women Wet."
Score
May 7, 2009 5:09:32 PM

"Ajay Bhatt"

Personal hero of mine. USB saved the world from what could of been a mess of proprietary connectors, that would've easily stopped the tech boom.

This commercial = win.
Score
May 7, 2009 5:15:22 PM

bill gates is your daddyI'm a tech geek but I seem to be missing the groupies. I think I will sue Intel for false advertisement and mental anguish.

Umm, invent a major part of the modern PC industry and we'll talk...
Score
May 7, 2009 5:15:57 PM

hehehehe...i drove all over US in NFSU...hehehe
Score
May 7, 2009 5:19:44 PM

Hey, I thought this commercial was pretty cool.
Score
May 7, 2009 5:31:13 PM

I also play Rock Band, does that make me a greater rock star?
Score
May 7, 2009 5:31:36 PM

If women were like computers, I'd have all the fine chicks. Also I would get the best of both worlds: Internet pron and hot women.
Score
May 7, 2009 5:59:11 PM

When I look at this pic it looks like a young Saddam that drank Austin Powers mojo.
Score
May 7, 2009 6:03:10 PM

I really liked the ad. And being married to a gamer wife I can tell you honestly that big high res screens and fluid gaming matter to her just as much as any of us. Don't confuse gender with hobbies. ;) 

Smart women (usually) want a partner they can talk with at an elevated level about things important in their lives. You can only have sex for so many hours before you rub the skin pretty damn raw, even using excessive lube. And if you accidentally take it that far it can be well over a week before things recover decently. By comparison good conversation and gaming lasts much longer. And being super happy about the person you're with makes the bedroom more enjoyable anyway. Plus its not like you suddenly stop being creative when you walk through the bedroom door.

Additionally its the "geeks" in my age group that seem more likely to still be in good shape and take care of themselves.

I really don't think I could handle having a non geek wife.

Yeah...ummm back to your regular programming.
Score
May 7, 2009 6:03:21 PM

hehe good commercial, I definitely chuckled a bit. I think Apple/Microsoft need to hire Intel's Advertising people instead of resorting to childish bantering.
Score
May 7, 2009 6:24:30 PM

Awesome.

First original commercial in a loooooong time.
Score
May 7, 2009 6:36:44 PM

Please note that the person playing Ajay Bhatt is actually an actor. Intel's marketing team chose to have all of their upcoming "Sponsors of Tomorrow" campaign spotlight their actual people with actors.
Score
May 7, 2009 6:38:51 PM

scryer_360"Ajay Bhatt"Personal hero of mine. USB saved the world from what could of been a mess of proprietary connectors, that would've easily stopped the tech boom.This commercial = win.

Now if we could get all the MP3/4 Player manufactures and Cell Phones to all conform to USB then we could be getting some where. Seriously all we would need to do is put a USB on all new car stereos and everything would instantly work (with the correct drivers of corse) but hell they all have to use their own propriatary crap.
Score
May 7, 2009 7:06:37 PM

This makes me hate intel more......
Score
May 7, 2009 7:21:52 PM

B-UnitUmm, invent a major part of the modern PC industry and we'll talk...

Let's see. Create a mainstream industry standard used in today's and the future's technology OR start a frivolous lawsuit. Lawsuit would be easier.
Score
May 7, 2009 7:24:47 PM

MustWarnOthersSomeone needs to buy those iron on T-Shirt letters and make a T-shirt that says:"My Crysis Benchmarks make Women Wet."

Dude...CafePress.com

You might be onto something there. I would buy one 'cause that's hilarious.
Score
May 7, 2009 7:28:01 PM

stupidest ad i have ever seen
Score
May 7, 2009 9:18:57 PM

MustWarnOthersSomeone needs to buy those iron on T-Shirt letters and make a T-shirt that says:"My Crysis Benchmarks make Women Wet."

lol thats awesome
Score
May 7, 2009 9:50:04 PM

Forget Iron on, Go Screen Printing all the way.
Score
May 7, 2009 11:26:24 PM

as a former rock and roller and tech nerd i can say intel tech nerds will never be like rockstars

unless they hit the coke pretty hard
Score
May 7, 2009 11:55:41 PM

lol!!!
Score
May 8, 2009 12:24:26 AM

if intel are rock stars, then amd must b metal gods
Score
May 8, 2009 1:20:50 AM

Although I may enjoy the commercial, I will not be swayed to buy Intel.
Score
May 8, 2009 3:59:40 AM

lol. Damnit Intel. xD you've succeeded in making me afraid of your company.
Score
May 8, 2009 5:19:48 AM

... it iz weird... they need corny ad's now? WHY? They have tha monopoly! They look sad...
Score
Anonymous
May 18, 2009 8:09:15 PM

That's Sunil Narkar Great actor!! youtube his name and see his great work
Score
Anonymous
June 1, 2009 6:36:07 PM

Well, for a company like intel if co-inventor of the USB is THE rock star(of course its a big achievement for a individual) then its time for them to take a serious look at their R&D team.

Also the saving grace would have been to feature the real 'Ajay' in the commercial.
Score
Anonymous
June 15, 2009 1:57:17 PM

I think intel is doing a great job of alienating themselves from the genpop by revealing a surprisingly elitist egotistical "we're smarter than you are" ad campaign. They say, "our big ideas aren't like your big ideas." Is that so intel? "Aren't like" how? Are you insulting us? Careful....
Score
Anonymous
August 16, 2009 12:14:18 AM

The guy in that commercial was also the guy on ABC's bingo show who checked whether anyone in the studio audience had gotten a bingo.
Score
Anonymous
September 29, 2009 2:15:22 AM

Love the new Intel ad. Finally the REAL heroes of our society get some recognition. Would have been nice to have the real 'Ajay' in the ad. Was he not photogenic enough for screen? but isnt that the point of this commercial - to showcase the real people. Overall very proud of Intel for having the courage to be different - also we dont see enough diversity in ads - the Asians and South Asians who are contributing so much to technology, medicine and all walks of western life are conveniently excluded from the 'white' dominated media.
Score
!