Power cuts out when formatting hard drive

hi all my acer laptop cuts out when im formatting the hard rive..is there a fix for this..?
5 answers Last reply
More about power cuts formatting hard drive
  1. sorry i forgot to add..acer travelmate 4320..ive tried to format with xp vista and windows 7 professional..and the power cuts out at different stages of the formatting..especially when the disc drive starts to speed up..im ready for launching it down the street..is there a fix for this.?anyone please..
  2. hammy711 said:
    sorry i forgot to add..acer travelmate 4320..ive tried to format with xp vista and windows 7 professional..and the power cuts out at different stages of the formatting..especially when the disc drive starts to speed up..im ready for launching it down the street..is there a fix for this.?anyone please..

If you can boot from a 64Gb USB Flash Drive (in the bios) that might save your computer from the trash, if no one else has a fix for your hard drive problem.

Do you have an external hard drive you could connect to the USB port and try that?
  3. so the problem is the hard drive..?
  4. Hi :)

It sounds like your hard drive has crashed, run a hard drive test in DOS ...Hirens cd etc...

All the best Brett :)
  5. thanx guys..glad i joined this site today..i will recomend..
Ask a new question

Read More

Acer Laptops Formatting Hard Drives Power