Windows Explorer freezes with (picture and video) folders

Windows Explorer freezes up when I open up a folder with
other folders inside , the folders (inside ) have images on the folders.
The images are from Videos/Pictures.
Anyone know how to get around this , Is ther a way to get windows
explorer to open up the same way even after rebooting ?

My guess would be a corrupt copy of 'Thumbs.db' in those folders (hidden file) Delete them and restart Windows.

--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
"Mr Fizz" <mrfizz@fizzmail.com> wrote in message news:423f8413$0$13637$c3e8da3@news.astraweb.com...
> Windows Explorer freezes up when I open up a folder with
> other folders inside , the folders (inside ) have images on the folders.
> The images are from Videos/Pictures.
> Anyone know how to get around this , Is ther a way to get windows
> explorer to open up the same way even after rebooting ?

I am having a similiar problem. I open My Videos, but a corrupt thumbs.db
file is causes it to close to the desktop before I can delete it. I try to
do the same thing in Windows Explorer and have the same problem. Is there a
way to get around this?

"Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

> My guess would be a corrupt copy of 'Thumbs.db' in those folders (hidden file) Delete them and restart Windows.
>
> --
>
> Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
> FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
> ..
> "Mr Fizz" <mrfizz@fizzmail.com> wrote in message news:423f8413$0$13637$c3e8da3@news.astraweb.com...
> > Windows Explorer freezes up when I open up a folder with
> > other folders inside , the folders (inside ) have images on the folders.
> > The images are from Videos/Pictures.
> > Anyone know how to get around this , Is ther a way to get windows
> > explorer to open up the same way even after rebooting ?

I would boot to Safe Mode with Command Prompt, to run the delete commands

cd\
attrib /s -rsh thumbs.db
del /s thumbs.db