NTLDR is missing???

my moms computer says ntldr is missing when i reboot, where do i find, and
where do i put ntldr to make computer run again ty.
5 answers Last reply
More about ntldr missing

    Can you check to make sure there are not diskettes in the A drive?
    "russ" <russ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > my moms computer says ntldr is missing when i reboot, where do i find, and
    > where do i put ntldr to make computer run again ty.

    "russ" <russ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > my moms computer says ntldr is missing when i reboot, where do i find, and
    > where do i put ntldr to make computer run again ty.

    You receive an "NTLDR is missing" error message when you start your computer
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;320397

    --
    William

    This article may assist you:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314057

    "russ" wrote:

    > my moms computer says ntldr is missing when i reboot, where do i find, and
    > where do i put ntldr to make computer run again ty.

    Hi

    Try this:

    Boot with your XP CD in the cd drive. Select 'To repair..' by pressing 'R'.
    When in the Recovery Console type the following:

    "copy X:\i386\ntldr C:\" - without the quotes. Where X is the letter of
    your
    CD drive and C is the letter of your system drive. Take the XP CD out
    of the cd drive and reboot into XP normally:

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    "russ" <russ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > my moms computer says ntldr is missing when i reboot, where do i find, and
    > where do i put ntldr to make computer run again ty.

    Is there a floppy disk in the drive? Best to check the obvious first ;-)

    Jamie
    "russ" <russ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > my moms computer says ntldr is missing when i reboot, where do i find, and
    > where do i put ntldr to make computer run again ty.

Computers Ntldr Microsoft Windows XP