NTLDR is missing???

my moms computer says ntldr is missing when i reboot, where do i find, and
where do i put ntldr to make computer run again ty.

Can you check to make sure there are not diskettes in the A drive?
"russ" <russ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> my moms computer says ntldr is missing when i reboot, where do i find, and
> where do i put ntldr to make computer run again ty.

"russ" <russ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> my moms computer says ntldr is missing when i reboot, where do i find, and
> where do i put ntldr to make computer run again ty.

You receive an "NTLDR is missing" error message when you start your computer
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;320397

--
William

Hi

Try this:

Boot with your XP CD in the cd drive. Select 'To repair..' by pressing 'R'.
When in the Recovery Console type the following:

"copy X:\i386\ntldr C:\" - without the quotes. Where X is the letter of
your
CD drive and C is the letter of your system drive. Take the XP CD out
of the cd drive and reboot into XP normally:

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"russ" <russ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> my moms computer says ntldr is missing when i reboot, where do i find, and
> where do i put ntldr to make computer run again ty.

Is there a floppy disk in the drive? Best to check the obvious first ;-)

Jamie