I just replaced my PC Case and when I finally got it all hooked up my sound
is not working. I do not have a sound card installed, it is integrated on
the motherboard. I did not change any settings, they just stopped working.
When I adjust the volume I hear my internal speaker beeping, but not my
speakers. I checked all of the settings in control panel and device manager,
they all look legitimate. I saw an earlier post with checking the BIOS
settings. I don't know how to do that, so if you answer is check those
settings can you please run through how to do just that? Please help, having
no music on my machine is absolute hell.

Hello,
Have you updated your audio drivers?

"Kerack" wrote:

> I just replaced my PC Case and when I finally got it all hooked up my sound
> is not working. I do not have a sound card installed, it is integrated on
> the motherboard. I did not change any settings, they just stopped working.
> When I adjust the volume I hear my internal speaker beeping, but not my
> speakers. I checked all of the settings in control panel and device manager,
> they all look legitimate. I saw an earlier post with checking the BIOS
> settings. I don't know how to do that, so if you answer is check those
> settings can you please run through how to do just that? Please help, having
> no music on my machine is absolute hell.

There have been a number of posts about this same issue, none of which seem
to have an answer. The remarks that you get about installing newer drivers is
not going to help; I have been trying to upload newer drivers for 6 months
(on and off). I installed a new mother board, sound on the mother board, it
doesn't make more than a small chirp on errors.

I installed PCI audio cards, turned off the MB audio, and still no sound.

The message I get that is relevant is "No Audio Device Installed". Since
there is an audio device, I believe something in Windows XP got screwed up,
when there was an enormous change in the system it was installed on.

Any ideas how to change the installation without going to a re-install?>

"John (Bat) Masterson" wrote:

> There have been a number of posts about this same issue, none of which seem
> to have an answer. The remarks that you get about installing newer drivers is
> not going to help; I have been trying to upload newer drivers for 6 months
> (on and off). I installed a new mother board, sound on the mother board, it
> doesn't make more than a small chirp on errors.
>
> I installed PCI audio cards, turned off the MB audio, and still no sound.
>
> The message I get that is relevant is "No Audio Device Installed". Since
> there is an audio device, I believe something in Windows XP got screwed up,
> when there was an enormous change in the system it was installed on.
>
> Any ideas how to change the installation without going to a re-install?>
>

> "Kerack" wrote:
>
> > I just replaced my PC Case and when I finally got it all hooked up my sound
> > is not working. I do not have a sound card installed, it is integrated on
> > the motherboard. I did not change any settings, they just stopped working.
> > When I adjust the volume I hear my internal speaker beeping, but not my
> > speakers. I checked all of the settings in control panel and device manager,
> > they all look legitimate. I saw an earlier post with checking the BIOS
> > settings. I don't know how to do that, so if you answer is check those
> > settings can you please run through how to do just that? Please help, having
> > no music on my machine is absolute hell.

bAT,

"John (Bat) Masterson" wrote:

> There have been a number of posts about this same issue, none of which seem
> to have an answer. The remarks that you get about installing newer drivers is
> not going to help; I have been trying to upload newer drivers for 6 months
> (on and off). I installed a new mother board, sound on the mother board, it
> doesn't make more than a small chirp on errors.
>
> I installed PCI audio cards, turned off the MB audio, and still no sound.
>
> The message I get that is relevant is "No Audio Device Installed". Since
> there is an audio device, I believe something in Windows XP got screwed up,
> when there was an enormous change in the system it was installed on.
>
> Any ideas how to change the installation without going to a re-install?>
>

> "Kerack" wrote:
>
> > I just replaced my PC Case and when I finally got it all hooked up my sound
> > is not working. I do not have a sound card installed, it is integrated on
> > the motherboard. I did not change any settings, they just stopped working.
> > When I adjust the volume I hear my internal speaker beeping, but not my
> > speakers. I checked all of the settings in control panel and device manager,
> > they all look legitimate. I saw an earlier post with checking the BIOS
> > settings. I don't know how to do that, so if you answer is check those
> > settings can you please run through how to do just that? Please help, having
> > no music on my machine is absolute hell.

Bat,
If you cannot download your drivers correctly it does not mean no one
else can.
You blame everyone here when you should be after the maker of your
hardware.
Not blame the people trying to help you. Also, if you don't how
to put it back toghter, and , that includes knowing how , as well as, when
to download drivers then don't take it apart . XP is not your problem the
chirps most likely mean the drive is not installed correctly.
Ron J

Let's back up a step.

I have audio hardware on a motherboard. I have drivers for the audio
hardware. I have installed the driver software for the audio hardware. Device
Manager indicates that the software is installed and selected.

But, from the Control Panel, Sounds and Audio Devices, on the tab Volume,
is the message, "No audio Device Installed". I just want to know how to make
the program acknowledge the presence of the Device.

I gather that if I uninstall the audio drivers, and restart the machine, XP
will attempt to install the audio card's drivers. When I try to delete the
drivers for the sound, their are several other drivers still present, called,
audio Codecs, Legacy Audio Driver, Media Control Devices. These I cannot
uninstall. So I restart the machine, XP sees the unsupported hardware,
installs the drivers, but I still get the "No Audio Device Installed"
message. That is, no change from the previous position. And still no sound.

So, where do you get the idea I don't know how to download drivers or
install them? If you don't know an answer to the question I asked, which was
"Is there some way to fix this without doing a reformat and re install", just
be quiet and eat your cookie.

Is there an adult out there who can answer my question?

John Masterson

"Ron J" wrote:

> "John (Bat) Masterson" wrote:
>
> > There have been a number of posts about this same issue, none of which seem
> > to have an answer. The remarks that you get about installing newer drivers is
> > not going to help; I have been trying to upload newer drivers for 6 months
> > (on and off). I installed a new mother board, sound on the mother board, it
> > doesn't make more than a small chirp on errors.
> >
> > I installed PCI audio cards, turned off the MB audio, and still no sound.
> >
> > The message I get that is relevant is "No Audio Device Installed". Since
> > there is an audio device, I believe something in Windows XP got screwed up,
> > when there was an enormous change in the system it was installed on.
> >
> > Any ideas how to change the installation without going to a re-install?>
> >

> > "Kerack" wrote:
> >
> > > I just replaced my PC Case and when I finally got it all hooked up my sound
> > > is not working. I do not have a sound card installed, it is integrated on
> > > the motherboard. I did not change any settings, they just stopped working.
> > > When I adjust the volume I hear my internal speaker beeping, but not my
> > > speakers. I checked all of the settings in control panel and device manager,
> > > they all look legitimate. I saw an earlier post with checking the BIOS
> > > settings. I don't know how to do that, so if you answer is check those
> > > settings can you please run through how to do just that? Please help, having
> > > no music on my machine is absolute hell.
>

> Bat,
> If you cannot download your drivers correctly it does not mean no one
> else can.
> You blame everyone here when you should be after the maker of your
> hardware.
> Not blame the people trying to help you. Also, if you don't how
> to put it back toghter, and , that includes knowing how , as well as, when
> to download drivers then don't take it apart . XP is not your problem the
> chirps most likely mean the drive is not installed correctly.
> Ron J

s9727149g

Good Day, my friend... I am in charge of the international computer service.I might be able to help you buddy. Ok lets get started. Firstly, you'll have to unplug the sound device and plug it in again..Secondly, go to control panel,and click on the audio device etc.Make sure that it is stated clearly that there's a device plugged in on it.Then,lastly,you'll just have to adjust the volume as you wish/like.And that's all i could help..Well, if it still does not work, try going to this website it might help. www.comxpservices.com it's my workplace there. I hope this will work dude.Hope there's non stop of fun in your heaven of music on your machine rather having hell. Have fun :))))))))))) !!!!

s9727149g