Sign in with
Your question

Help with buying a new laptop.

Tags:
Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
April 2, 2012 1:54:01 AM

Hello,

I'm looking for a new laptop ( Not refurbished ) that I can use for homework, browsing the internet and games. My price range is under 1200, I've been looking into alienware but with the m14x for what I want it costs almost 1300.

I would like the screen to be 14 - 17in and a i7 processor. For ram memory I would prefer 8gb or above but 6 gb would be okay as well. I want a mid-grade graphics card, something which I could play modern games on but it doesn't have to be on the highest setting in game, just not the least. I don't need a blu ray player but a cd player is a must. Screen resolution I would prefer to be good.

Other things that I don't mind is battery life - at least 2 hours. Webcam would be nice but not completly necessary. I don't mind if its loud or heats up or at least not dangerously so. It can be sortof heavy just not a lot and it doesn't need to be super thin.

I don't know if I'm asking for something that I won't be able to get so please tell me if thats the case. Thanks for helping and if there is no exact answer opinions and advice would help.

More about : buying laptop

a c 571 D Laptop
April 2, 2012 4:45:38 AM

At the top end of you budget are the custom gaming laptops like MSI GT683-841US 15" notebook ~$1200
Core i7-2670QM 2.2Ghz CPU, 12GB RAM, 15.6" 1920x1080 LCD w/ GTX 560M graphics.
Includes 2yr warranty plus 1yr accidental damage warranty.
m
l
Related resources
April 3, 2012 2:44:38 AM

Thanks to both of you, I'm looking into the one laptop, upgraded it to an i7 processor but I have a question about the ram, whats the main different between the 1333mhz and the 1600mhz?
m
l
April 3, 2012 3:01:07 AM

Thanks, I'm looking into this one more now.
m
l
!