when i open my start menu and highlight a program or folder, i try to right
click to open the options menu but it does nothing. is this windows or
possibly my mouse? any help would be appreciated.

If no shortcut menu appears and the menu flashes, the Enable Dragging And Dropping
check box has been cleared. This option enables shortcut menus and the drag-and-drop
capability.

To enable the option, right-click the Start button, choose Properties, and then click
Customize. If you're using the default Start menu, click the Advanced tab and then,
in the Start Menu Items box, select Enable Dragging And Dropping.
(If you're using the classic Start menu, the option appears in the Advanced Start
Menu Options box in the Customize Classic Start Menu dialog box.)

EMcGuire wrote:
> when i open my start menu and highlight a program or folder, i try to
> right click to open the options menu but it does nothing. is this
> windows or possibly my mouse? any help would be appreciated.

Thankyou very much for the quick response. i actually was messing around with
the options and magically put the drag and drop back on. Thank You again!