Battlezone distant objects too dim

Taxman

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2003
Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

I have a Battlezone and the distant objects are way too dim. Does anyone
know if this is a setting or a problem? I figure the closer objects are
traced multiple times to make the nice and bright and there seems to be
about 3 levels of brightness. But when the tanks are on the first third of
the outskits according to the radar you cant see anything. But you can see
the mountains. I replaced the back light because it was original and had
turned white. It was washing out the screen. There is a slight wave to the
screen so I am sure it will need a cap kit.

Anyone have any input - Thanks

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

Probably just your brightness is too low. Crank it up until you get
re-trace lines then back it off until the re-traces disappear.

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

Asteroids behaves similarly - to low and the asteroids disappear (though the
ship and it's shots are brighter), get it just right and there'll be a small
difference that looks nice.

<winslow@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Probably just your brightness is too low. Crank it up until you get
> re-trace lines then back it off until the re-traces disappear.

Taxman

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2003
Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

Yes, thanks. Those retrace lines freaked me out. I thought something was
wrong at first.