Net neutrality?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevenlikesfishing

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2011
hey! I have att dsl and i was wondering about these new laws? about anti piracy etc. can someone fill me in on like the emails and letters they will send you if you use bittorent for illegal activities?

These new laws. That's quite a list. We write a lot of letters for att dsl and have inside information about bitorrent useage and other illegal activities. We be bad. We reommend you stay oiff the powerful pharmaceuticals you are currently using and ignore the popups from Mars appearing on your desktop. Stay indoors and remain calm.

wanamingo

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2011
Not sure what Badge is on but.......back to net neutrality.

Theres a lot of info already floating around the internet about this but in a nutshell Net neutrality is treating every bit (1 or 0 ) the same. For example Comcast cant slow down your online video streaming just because A) It more bandwidth intensive and therefore more costly for them or B) they dont want you using Hulu or Netflix (Because Comcast has a highspeed video service, just cripple the competition) so they slow down you connection or refuse access. C) They block access to P2P sites or Torrent sites so you cant illegally download movies.

Or lets say for example Fox (World News and its subsidiaries) would limit access to other news sites or just slow them down and make the entire experience uinpleasant. Or places like Iran blocking political sites.

In a net neutral world all data online is the same and there is no penalty imposed for different kinds of data.

Gulli

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008

They'll probably try to scare you into paying right away, without a court case or anything. However, they can't force you to pay without an official ruling, so you can just send them a scanned pciture of your middle finger in return.

Hey guys ... I liked Stevrn ... he was polite.

We don't get a lot of "politeness" around here with you lot.

Please don't eat any more of the n00bs ... Mingo and I are still looking for new "flock" for our religion.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.