Sign in with
Your question

Can't highlight text in IE and words, drag (copy) cell in excell issue

Last response: in Windows 7
June 18, 2010 11:56:51 PM

Hi all,

Sorry I am not sure where should I post this (dunno where the actual problem is).

For unknown reason, I suddenly encountered problem with highlighting text on Internet Explorer (8) and words document (office 2003). I also have problem with dragging a cell (for copying a formula) to other cells in excell.

I tried to play around with my keyboard (pause/break and scroll lock key), sometimes it worked for once, but I it won't work the next time i tried.

FYI, I am using windows 7 Ultimate 32bit and a razer keyboard (using windows default driver). I probably can try to install the driver from razor, however, i thought there is probably a simple fix for the issue i.e. a certain key from the keyboard got activated by accident (my little daughter sometimes punched the keyboard for fun).

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Ken

More about : highlight text words drag copy cell excell issue

a b $ Windows 7
June 19, 2010 1:32:12 AM

Hi.

Uninstall the Win 7 default driver and download from the manufacturer's page the last driver for ur OS and install it.
m
l
June 26, 2010 6:40:46 AM

Thanks saint19.

I am not sure what happened, it was resolved by itself. I just checked my excel 2003 before writing this, it is working as intended again (same to issue with IE and Words).

Again, thanks for trying to help.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
June 26, 2010 2:52:08 PM

Not problem, if u need more help come back to the forum ;) 
m
l
August 7, 2012 7:21:13 PM

Ken168 said:
Hi all,

Sorry I am not sure where should I post this (dunno where the actual problem is).

For unknown reason, I suddenly encountered problem with highlighting text on Internet Explorer (8) and words document (office 2003). I also have problem with dragging a cell (for copying a formula) to other cells in excell.

I tried to play around with my keyboard (pause/break and scroll lock key), sometimes it worked for once, but I it won't work the next time i tried.

FYI, I am using windows 7 Ultimate 32bit and a razer keyboard (using windows default driver). I probably can try to install the driver from razor, however, i thought there is probably a simple fix for the issue i.e. a certain key from the keyboard got activated by accident (my little daughter sometimes punched the keyboard for fun).

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Ken

I had the SAME issue with IE 8 - I tried Googling about it for days to no avail. I then stumbled across the solution for my case.

Go to "View" in the top menu bar (next to "File" and "Edit") and then see if "Panning Hand" has been checked. If so, then UNcheck it - after I unchecked it, I was then able to highlight text again as I had always been able to do previously.

Hope that helps someone else with this!
m
l
!