Need simple Printer

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

I have Windows XP and I need just a simple printer.

I bought the HP psc 1350 printer today and I brought it back. It prints ok
but shakes all over when printing.

I made an image of my XP partition first, then installed the HP print
software. I was shocked to see how large this software is. It added:

17,642 New Registry keys
29,082 Values to those keys
616 New folders
6,805 New files.
The size of the HP folder was 299 mb.

The Registry went from 48.4 mb to 58.7 mb.

The printer I have now is a HP 820Cse and the installation software is on 5
floppies. It still prints, but since there are no drivers for it for XP
some of the features like printing on both sides of the paper are not
available.

I looked at the HP 3650 and the HP DJ 5150, they look like simple printers
but I wonder how many mb the HP folder is on this printer. I would prefer a
bottom feed printer. What would be a good printer to get that prints also
in "Book format"?

John

You have already choosen exactly the suitable printers for your needs. HP
3650, 5150, 5160 etc. I strongly suggest the 5150.

--
Yianni
in@mailbox9.gr (remove number nine to reply)

--
"John" <John@FAKE.com> wrote in message

> I have Windows XP and I need just a simple printer.
>
> I bought the HP psc 1350 printer today and I brought it back. It prints
ok
> but shakes all over when printing.
>
> I made an image of my XP partition first, then installed the HP print
> software. I was shocked to see how large this software is. It added:
>
> 17,642 New Registry keys
> 29,082 Values to those keys
> 616 New folders
> 6,805 New files.
> The size of the HP folder was 299 mb.
>
> The Registry went from 48.4 mb to 58.7 mb.
>
> The printer I have now is a HP 820Cse and the installation software is on
5
> floppies. It still prints, but since there are no drivers for it for XP
> some of the features like printing on both sides of the paper are not
> available.
>
> I looked at the HP 3650 and the HP DJ 5150, they look like simple printers
> but I wonder how many mb the HP folder is on this printer. I would prefer
> bottom feed printer. What would be a good printer to get that prints also
> in "Book format"?
>
> John

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Anyone know how large the HP folder is with the HP DJ 5150 after the
install? The printer looked like something that would work for me. One of
the things I don't need it a print monitor running every time start the PC.

John

> Anyone know how large the HP folder is with the HP DJ 5150 after the
> install? The printer looked like something that would work for me. One of
> the things I don't need it a print monitor running every time start the PC.

The zipped version of the basic driver for the DeskJet 5150 is 7.6Mb at
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?product=304431&lc=en&lang=en&cc=us&dlc=en&os=228,
with the full version driver 28.4Mb. I would guess they would be somewhat less
than 2x that installed, and the basic driver would probably meet your needs.

Regards,

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Thank you very much, I will get one tomorrow!

John