Can't access the management console of my MN-700

Last response: in Networking
April 8, 2005 1:52:05 PM

Hi,

I have a need to add 2 more MAC ID's to the allowed list,
and I can't seem to access my MN-700's management utility.
It is the first time I have tried to do so since last
year, when I first installed the unit (which has been
functioning fairly fine) Here are some details:

- the MN-700 is set up in access point mode, connected
through my switch into my LAN and SonicWall firewall
- I had recorded the unit's name, since in AP mode you
can't access it by IP according to the manual
- I have attached 3 different computers to it via wired
Ethernet, and disconnected the MN-700 from the LAN. The
computers were an XP SP2 laptop, a similar desktop, and a
Windows 2003 Server desktop. The ethernet cable was
connected to an ethernet port of the MN-700

In all cases, I get the generic 'can't find the page'
browser error.

What is interesting is that I can't see in the SonicWall
where the unit has either leased an IP address or has a
static connection. That's another story...

Any advice would be appreciated. I am tempted to restore
it to factory settings and re-enable the access point,
but I do not want to mess up my wireless connectivity, if
I continue to be unable to access the unit.

Thanks!

Regards,
Steve
April 8, 2005 2:47:06 PM

To set up the base station in the bridging mode and still
access it using it's IP.
Find the IP address range assigned by the router. Connect
the base station to your PC using an ethernet cable.
Disconnect it from the other router. Reset it. Then you
can access it with
http://192.168.2.1/login.htm

To be able to set it up in the bridging mode follow the
instructions in the link below. The instruction are about
halfway down the page. The important item is assigning
the base station its IP address. The address has to be in
the range for the router to see it. Then you can still
log on and manage the base station using its new address
while it is bridging.
After you get the base station setup, connect an Ethernet
cable from the modem port on the base station to an open
port on the router.
When the base station is set up in this way you can still
change wireless settings and mac ID's.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/exp...
/bowman_segnet.mspx

April 9, 2005 2:18:12 PM

I had the same problem. Trying going to this 192.168.2.1

It is the broadband website. You will have to log in

April 9, 2005 10:19:31 PM

Sam
To log into your base station when is configured as a
router.

http://192.168.2.1/login.htm

Put that in your IE address bar.

!