Whenever I try to import or open media files into applications the app shuts
down. In one app it gives me an Access violation on address 0x05891854.

this only happends when I view the folder with thumbnails...

Try deleting the 'Thumbs.db' file (hidden file) in that folder.

--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509