CM03/04 install problem..

rat

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2004

Has anyone experienced this problem and how is it overcome
pleeeeeeeeeeese!!!!1!?

Game is installed but nothing happens when I click the desktop icon or the
original in the folder.

Windows xp pro with sp1 and 2
Via chipset mobo
1400 duron
256mb ddr
g4 mx440 64mb agp
40gb 7200 hdd
cdrw
cd
floppy
15" vga monitor

The pc is less than a year old and the xp install was clean and very recent.
The game was installed after everything else and I'm now pulling my hair out
in frustration.

Things I have tried:
unin/reinstall (several times)
patches (lots)
defrag
turning off av
compatibility (all of them)
via chipset service pack upgrade
nvidia driver upgrade
set res to 1024x768 16bit 75mhz
I don't seem to be able to restore to any earlier points to try reinstalling
it before sp1 or 2 as that always results in a failed restoration.

Also installed on the pc, running perfectly, are FM2005 and Snooker2003.
These were also loaded after sp1 and 2 as well, but before CM.

Am I missing something here?
Any info very much appreciated.
Cheers for your time.

rat wrote:
> Has anyone experienced this problem and how is it overcome
> pleeeeeeeeeeese!!!!1!?
>
> Game is installed but nothing happens when I click the desktop icon
> or the original in the folder.
>
> Windows xp pro with sp1 and 2
> Via chipset mobo
> 1400 duron
> 256mb ddr
> g4 mx440 64mb agp
> 40gb 7200 hdd
> cdrw
> cd
> floppy
> 15" vga monitor
>
> The pc is less than a year old and the xp install was clean and very
> recent. The game was installed after everything else and I'm now
> pulling my hair out in frustration.
>
> Things I have tried:
> unin/reinstall (several times)
> patches (lots)
> defrag
> turning off av
> compatibility (all of them)
> via chipset service pack upgrade
> nvidia driver upgrade
> set res to 1024x768 16bit 75mhz
> I don't seem to be able to restore to any earlier points to try
> reinstalling it before sp1 or 2 as that always results in a failed
> restoration.
> Also installed on the pc, running perfectly, are FM2005 and
> Snooker2003. These were also loaded after sp1 and 2 as well, but
> before CM.
> Am I missing something here?
> Any info very much appreciated.
> Cheers for your time.

Do you have the CD in the drive? If you do try a no-CD patch, the
copy-protection used might not like your CD drive (Is it a CDRW? They seem
to assume everyone who has a CDRW nowadays has/is copying the game), if
thats not the problem double click the cm0304.exe and wait about 10mins it
might just take a while to load up (especialy if you have added extra pics
etc...) Though if FM2005 works fine Cm03/04 should as well, if anything FM
should take longer due to more stuff and the annoying copy-protection.

--
Michael Murray

rat

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2004

"rat" <go@way.com> wrote in message
> Has anyone experienced this problem and how is it overcome
> pleeeeeeeeeeese!!!!1!?
>
> Game is installed but nothing happens when I click the desktop icon or the
> original in the folder.
>
> Windows xp pro with sp1 and 2
> Via chipset mobo
> 1400 duron
> 256mb ddr
> g4 mx440 64mb agp
> 40gb 7200 hdd
> cdrw
> cd
> floppy
> 15" vga monitor
>
> The pc is less than a year old and the xp install was clean and very
> recent. The game was installed after everything else and I'm now pulling
> my hair out in frustration.
>
> Things I have tried:
> unin/reinstall (several times)
> patches (lots)
> defrag
> turning off av
> compatibility (all of them)
> via chipset service pack upgrade
> nvidia driver upgrade
> set res to 1024x768 16bit 75mhz
> I don't seem to be able to restore to any earlier points to try
> reinstalling it before sp1 or 2 as that always results in a failed
> restoration.
>
> Also installed on the pc, running perfectly, are FM2005 and Snooker2003.
> These were also loaded after sp1 and 2 as well, but before CM.
>
> Am I missing something here?
> Any info very much appreciated.
> Cheers for your time.

PS... the data editor works ok everytime.

rat wrote:
> Has anyone experienced this problem and how is it overcome
> pleeeeeeeeeeese!!!!1!?
>
> Game is installed but nothing happens when I click the desktop icon or the
> original in the folder.
>
> Windows xp pro with sp1 and 2
> Via chipset mobo
> 1400 duron
> 256mb ddr
> g4 mx440 64mb agp
> 40gb 7200 hdd
> cdrw
> cd
> floppy
> 15" vga monitor
>
> The pc is less than a year old and the xp install was clean and very recent.
> The game was installed after everything else and I'm now pulling my hair out
> in frustration.
>
> Things I have tried:
> unin/reinstall (several times)
> patches (lots)
> defrag
> turning off av
> compatibility (all of them)
> via chipset service pack upgrade
> nvidia driver upgrade
> set res to 1024x768 16bit 75mhz
> I don't seem to be able to restore to any earlier points to try reinstalling
> it before sp1 or 2 as that always results in a failed restoration.
>
> Also installed on the pc, running perfectly, are FM2005 and Snooker2003.
> These were also loaded after sp1 and 2 as well, but before CM.
>
> Am I missing something here?
> Any info very much appreciated.
> Cheers for your time.

Did you patch the game? I know that the game in its original version,
are having problems with starting up. Patch it does the trick.

rat

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2004

"Mikael Schøler" <QM3mik_s@tdcadsl.dk> wrote in message

snip

>> Things I have tried:
>> patches (lots)

> Did you patch the game? I know that the game in its original version, are
> having problems with starting up. Patch it does the trick.

Yep tried that.
Thankks anyway, but sorted now. It was SP2 it didnt like. Took that off and
everything ok now cheers.

rat wrote:
> "Mikael Schøler" <QM3mik_s@tdcadsl.dk> wrote in message
>
> snip
>

>>>Things I have tried:
>>>patches (lots)
>

>>Did you patch the game? I know that the game in its original version, are
>>having problems with starting up. Patch it does the trick.
>

> Yep tried that.
> Thankks anyway, but sorted now. It was SP2 it didnt like. Took that off and
> everything ok now cheers.

Seems like sp2 causes a few problems with everything...