Tron Video Questions

James

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

In trying to get a Tron up and running, I plugged in a monitor from a
galaxian to see if i got any video output. I did, but with some issues.

I am trying to get an idea of which issues may be related to the galaxian
monitor (which I know has problems) and which issues may be atrributable to
the video output of the Tron boards.

Thanks in advance for any input you can provide:

Known issues with the Galaxian monitor:

1. "Dripping" of the image, most noticable on Galaxian with the red fonts.

2. Green glow about the entire screen, scanlines visible

Issues seen with Tron plugged in:

1. Upper right corner (if mounted vertically) has a tearing effect in that
the picture is "falling" about 3 inches down. See pic
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,32936.0.html

2. Dripping of the images as described above

3. It appeared blue or a color close to it was not displaying. I noticed
the scores were not displaying and the attract screen that shows points per
enemy listed no points. From other pics this appears to be blue.
See pic http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,32936.0.html

4. During the attract mode, when it switches from one game to the other
there is brief static on the screen in the transition. Not sure if that is
in the game normally.

5. Screen image shakes a bit up and down. I cannot remember if I saw this
in galaxian.

James
http://home.earthlink.net/~rescuetron/

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

These pics aren't working for me.

Just out of curiosity, are these games side by side, and the Galaxian
monitor is still being powered by the Galaxian cab, with the video
running from the Tron cab?

This would cause what you're seeing, because the two cabinets' ground
references will be different.

Rob

James

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

Just go here and you can see the pics in the last couple posts. Look at the
posts, "Missing Blue" and "Signs of Life":

On the power, no the Galaxian is long gone. The monitor is grounded and
powered via the Tron cab.

"Rob Carroll" <robert.carroll30@verizon.net> wrote in message
> These pics aren't working for me.
>
> Just out of curiosity, are these games side by side, and the Galaxian
> monitor is still being powered by the Galaxian cab, with the video
> running from the Tron cab?
>
> This would cause what you're seeing, because the two cabinets' ground
> references will be different.
>
> Rob

James

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

That link ended up kinda low on the last post