? Explorer, Graphic Files, Delete Folders -> In Use: Open ..

Hi,

I've got a real bone to pick with Explorer. It seems that whenever I have a
folder that has Windows supported graphic files (BMP, GIF, PNG, JPG, etc) I
usually cannot delete the folder. I get a "file in use" error.

I have tried to do some tests to determine exactly when this occurs but
cannot figure it out since it seems intermittent-although it always happens
when I don't want it to. It seems to have to do with any or all of:

1) Explorer's preview functions such as the Details pane or thumbnail view
2) IE saving a graphic file to the folder
3) XP's folder-typing (specialization for folder filled with
pictures/videos/music, etc.)

In any case it is always the case that the folder cannot be deleted because
EXPLORER.EXE has latent open handles to the files. Using a monitoring
application I can see that sometimes EXPLORER.EXE has one or two open file
handles in that directory when it should no longer have them, and sometimes
it has a leftover open handle to EACH AND EVERY SINGLE graphic file in that
folder.

It looks like this ONLY happens with folder with graphic files, not videos,
not music, not anything else but graphic files. Moreover, it only happens
with picture that XP supports, it does not happen with PSD, TGA, RAS, files
and so.

Does anyone know how to get Explorer to leave my files alone, or to at least
clean the hell up after itself?

Thanks a lot.

--
Alec S.