Video games that are keepers and games that are not!

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

Just curious on what games people had that are keepers and games that
are not. For me, the games that are keepers are as follows:

Berzerk Cocktail
Pacman with Multi Kit
Space Invaders Deluxe with Multi Kit
Missile Command
Mame Machine

Games I had that were not:

Kangaroo
Popeye
Robotron
Asteroids
Tempest
Spy Hunter (but I miss it)
Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong Jr.

What's your list?

John
9 answers Last reply
More about video games keepers games
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

    I have a love hate with Marble Madness...

    Arkanoid is on my keeper list, although I don't play much.

    Want Joust gone :)

    Andrew

    <grus_jc@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    > Just curious on what games people had that are keepers and games that
    > are not. For me, the games that are keepers are as follows:
    >
    > Berzerk Cocktail
    > Pacman with Multi Kit
    > Space Invaders Deluxe with Multi Kit
    > Missile Command
    > Mame Machine
    >
    > Games I had that were not:
    >
    > Kangaroo
    > Popeye
    > Robotron
    > Asteroids
    > Tempest
    > Spy Hunter (but I miss it)
    > Donkey Kong
    > Donkey Kong Jr.
    >
    > What's your list?
    >
    > John

  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

    As Andrew stated so eloquently:

    > I have a love hate with Marble Madness...
    >
    > Arkanoid is on my keeper list, although I don't play much.
    >
    > Want Joust gone :)
    >
    > Andrew

    Andrew....

    I would be willing to take that mean, nasty ol' Marble Madness off your
    hands for you. :)

    I still have those games and parts! Trade???

    --
    Tom

    "That man is richest whose pleasures are cheapest."
    -Henry Thoreau
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

    "Tom" <usa1@nospamiei.net> wrote in message
    > As Andrew stated so eloquently:
    >
    > > I have a love hate with Marble Madness...
    > >
    > > Arkanoid is on my keeper list, although I don't play much.
    > >
    > > Want Joust gone :)
    >
    > I would be willing to take that mean, nasty ol' Marble Madness off your
    > hands for you. :)

    I always loved Marble Madness...if I had room for arcade games, it'd
    definitely be one I'd want, but man, that game is hard on your hands if
    you play it seriously...used to play it at a campground we stayed at, and
    I always came away with blisters on my fingers ;^) I'd like a Robotron
    too (mentioned in the original post)
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

    MM Is rough on the hands. I love it when people come over to play it, and
    they are REALLY gentle with the game. Then I get up there and I am beating
    on it crazy like. I used to get pinched, but then spent the $$$ to rebuild
    the trackballs... now no more pinching. It is a hard game indeed.

    Anyways, work is calling.

    Andrew

    "me" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > "Tom" <usa1@nospamiei.net> wrote in message
    > > As Andrew stated so eloquently:
    > >
    > > > I have a love hate with Marble Madness...
    > > >
    > > > Arkanoid is on my keeper list, although I don't play much.
    > > >
    > > > Want Joust gone :)
    > >
    > > I would be willing to take that mean, nasty ol' Marble Madness off your
    > > hands for you. :)
    >
    > I always loved Marble Madness...if I had room for arcade games, it'd
    > definitely be one I'd want, but man, that game is hard on your hands if
    > you play it seriously...used to play it at a campground we stayed at, and
    > I always came away with blisters on my fingers ;^) I'd like a Robotron
    > too (mentioned in the original post)

  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

    I'm wrestling with this myself. Here's my list:

    Keepers that I have:

    Star Wars
    Galaga
    Pacman
    Space Invaders
    Tempest
    Donkey Kong
    Centipede
    Asteroids
    Gauntlet

    Games I have but am unsure about their permanancy :)

    -Defender (love the Atari 2600 version, but the arcade controls are
    just too difficult for my thick skull
    -Robotron (really hooked on it right now, but no nostalgic value for
    me..never played as a kid)
    -Missile Command (fun, but I never seem to get better!!)
    -Tron (love the cabinet, but a little bored with the games)
    -Battlezone (I like it, but just never play it...not much to the game)
    -Dragon's Lair (An awesome collectable, but not much fun other than
    nostalgia)
    -Pole Position (Fun, but not much variety...thinking about getting a PP
    II board)

    Games I had that were not keepers for me:

    Star Castle
    Space Duel (Beautiful shape, but got boring & another WG6100 to
    maintain!)
    Joust (So-so shape, got boring)
    Dig Dug (I miss it, but cabinet was water damaged. Looking for
    another)
    Galaxian (Love the cabinet! But wasn't as classic as Space Invaders and
    not not nearly as good of a game as Galaga)
    Donkey Kong cocktail (Sold it and restored an upright)
  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

    Whoops, forgot to mention Frogger. Definitely in the "keeper" category
    for me!
  7. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

    For me, Keepers
    Any color X-Y game. That's what I mainly collect.
    And my fav Crazy Climber, I've owned 5 different versions over the years.

    Games to get rid of for me, I'll keep it short.

    Xenophobe
    Toob'in
    Simpsons
    Steel gunner 2
    Any converted game.
    Any game that you can finish, that has an end.

    Troy,

    me <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > "Tom" <usa1@nospamiei.net> wrote in message
    > > As Andrew stated so eloquently:
    > >
    > > > I have a love hate with Marble Madness...
    > > >
    > > > Arkanoid is on my keeper list, although I don't play much.
    > > >
    > > > Want Joust gone :)
    > >
    > > I would be willing to take that mean, nasty ol' Marble Madness off your
    > > hands for you. :)
    >
    > I always loved Marble Madness...if I had room for arcade games, it'd
    > definitely be one I'd want, but man, that game is hard on your hands if
    > you play it seriously...used to play it at a campground we stayed at, and
    > I always came away with blisters on my fingers ;^) I'd like a Robotron
    > too (mentioned in the original post)

  8. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

    Any good game you cannot mame correctly. For example.. Star Wars
  9. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

    Considering I had a grand collection of 19 classic vids and had to sell
    13 in order to move, the following were keepers for me:
    Assault
    Ms. Pac-Man
    Donkey Kong
    Donkey Kong Jr.
    Time Pilot

    The games that are long gone
    Dig Dug
    Food Fight
    Pleiades
    Gryuss
    Galaga
    Galaxian
    Burger Time
    Mr. Do!
    Zoo Keeper
    Front Line
    Wild Western
    Pepper II
    Mouse Trap

    The only one I want to get back some day is Pleiades. The music is so
    awesome in that game and Mame doesn't cut it.

    Dan
    www.coinopvideogames.com

Games Video Games Video