Getting contacts from Evolution to LifeDrive

July 27, 2005 6:04:13 PM

OK, I know I shouldn't have bought this LifeDrive without checking out
whether I can actualy use it in anger...but, here I am anyway :-(

For a variety of reasons its not going to be possible to sync this under
Linux for the foreseeable future. I'd at least like to get my contacts
onto it - my plan was to save the contacts from Evo 2.0.1 in vcf and use
the Palm Desktop under XP to sync them into the Palm.

Problem is that Evo exports vcf 3.0, but the Palm desktop doesn't
understand anything past vcf 2.1.

Is there a conversion for vcf 3.0 -> 2.1 or any other solution?
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 6:04:14 PM

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 14:04:13 +0200, John Stolz wrote:

> Problem is that Evo exports vcf 3.0, but the Palm desktop doesn't
> understand anything past vcf 2.1.
>
> Is there a conversion for vcf 3.0 -> 2.1 or any other solution?

Use J-Pilot or KPilot which supports the exports and imports you need.
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 8:58:25 PM

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 10:36:40 -0400, David A. Desrosiers wrote:

> On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 14:04:13 +0200, John Stolz wrote:
>
>> Problem is that Evo exports vcf 3.0, but the Palm desktop doesn't
>> understand anything past vcf 2.1.
>>
>> Is there a conversion for vcf 3.0 -> 2.1 or any other solution?
>
> Use J-Pilot or KPilot which supports the exports and imports you need.
Thanks for the suggestion. However, J-Pilot appeared to open the vcf 3.0
file, but then crashed and now won't start at all (I just get a grey
application window) even after a reboot. In K-Pilot I don't see any
opportunity to import a vcf file (nor mention of such in the manual).

Your suggestion inspired me to try KDE Kontact which imports and exports
2.1 and 3.0 files and does the job a treat.
Thanks
!