xp and task manager,,,,,disapearing after 7 second

desktopsilver

Distinguished
May 24, 2003
when using my friends brand new computer with xp loaded ,,,whenever you hit cntrl alt dlt,,,,task manager comes up ,,,and then goes poof and dissapears after 7 seconds some times less,,,,,there is a green box on the tool bar bottom right and if i hit cnt alt dellete a bunch of times i get a bunch of boxes but nothing on the screen,,,,then i move the arrow over to the boxes and as it touches the boxes they disapear,,,,,,,,,also happened when i was trying to load her mcaffe virus protection program it went through the instalation then poof disapeared no were to be found,,,,,,any one help us..

sturm

Splendid
I had a virus hit my friends computer that disabled his anti-virus even after reinstalling it. When I went to run the program it said it wasnt there and it wasnt. Main prgram was gone. I know its a new computer but one bad trip on the net can ruin it. If it was store bought call them up and ask. If its self built (which I hope it is) you can try a reformat and reinstall as a last option. Other than the virus I'm out of ideas.