Volume control with keyboard

March 22, 2005 4:57:07 PM

I have one of those little knobs on my keyboard that controls the volume. It
doesn't work anymore. I have no clue why because it just stopped working one
day. Can someone please help me!?
March 22, 2005 5:00:09 PM

Ask the keyboard manufacturer.

"Josh" <Josh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have one of those little knobs on my keyboard that controls the volume.
>It
> doesn't work anymore. I have no clue why because it just stopped working
> one
> day. Can someone please help me!?
March 22, 2005 5:47:02 PM

HP is no help whatsoever!

"Jerry" wrote:

> Ask the keyboard manufacturer.
>
> "Josh" <Josh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have one of those little knobs on my keyboard that controls the volume.
> >It
> > doesn't work anymore. I have no clue why because it just stopped working
> > one
> > day. Can someone please help me!?

Related resources
March 22, 2005 8:37:05 PM

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE!?

"Josh" wrote:

> I have one of those little knobs on my keyboard that controls the volume. It
> doesn't work anymore. I have no clue why because it just stopped working one
> day. Can someone please help me!?
Anonymous
March 23, 2005 7:55:39 AM

"Josh" wrote:
> I have one of those little knobs on my
> keyboard that controls the volume. It
> doesn't work anymore. I have no clue
> why because it just stopped working
> one day. Can someone please help
> me!?

There is no easy answer to that question, Josh. It could be either a
hardware or software issue. Are you still able to use the volume control
included with Windows? If so, the problem is likely with the keyboard itself
(either hardware or software). Make sure the settings are correct in the
keyboard control panel. While there, look for settings to customize the
keyboard buttons and make sure those are correct. If all that fails,
consider the possibility of a hardware problem.

Stewart
!