Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

IE Problem

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
March 22, 2005 8:04:29 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

I have a problem if I right-click, open in new window or click a link that
opens a new window. A new IE window opens but nothing happens. If I click
Stop, Refresh then everything proceeds properly.

I have run Adware and Spybot and scanned for viruses using
AVG.....everything reports fine. Updates are current.

Any ideas?

--
----------
www.fotosbyharvey.ca

I need patience. NOW!

More about : problem

Anonymous
March 22, 2005 9:08:09 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

You Cannot Open New Internet Explorer Window or Nothing Happens After You
Click a Link
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679

Description of the Reuse Windows for Launching Shortcuts Setting in Internet
Explorer
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;241911

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

> I have a problem if I right-click, open in new window or click a link
> that opens a new window. A new IE window opens but nothing happens.
> If I click Stop, Refresh then everything proceeds properly.
>
> I have run Adware and Spybot and scanned for viruses using
> AVG.....everything reports fine. Updates are current.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> --
> ----------
> www.fotosbyharvey.ca
>
> I need patience. NOW!
Anonymous
March 23, 2005 12:17:49 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

I registered each of the files suggested, rebooted and like magic everything
is working once again.

Thanx for the help.

"Wesley Vogel" <123WVogel955@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:eO4e9S0LFHA.3296@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> You Cannot Open New Internet Explorer Window or Nothing Happens After You
> Click a Link
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679
>
> Description of the Reuse Windows for Launching Shortcuts Setting in
> Internet
> Explorer
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;241911
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
>> I have a problem if I right-click, open in new window or click a link
>> that opens a new window. A new IE window opens but nothing happens.
>> If I click Stop, Refresh then everything proceeds properly.
>>
>> I have run Adware and Spybot and scanned for viruses using
>> AVG.....everything reports fine. Updates are current.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> --
>> ----------
>> www.fotosbyharvey.ca
>>
>> I need patience. NOW!
>
Anonymous
March 23, 2005 12:17:50 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

I love it when a plan comes together. Keep having fun. :-)

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

> I registered each of the files suggested, rebooted and like magic
> everything is working once again.
>
> Thanx for the help.
>
> "Wesley Vogel" <123WVogel955@comcast.net> wrote in message
> news:eO4e9S0LFHA.3296@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>> You Cannot Open New Internet Explorer Window or Nothing Happens
>> After You Click a Link
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679
>>
>> Description of the Reuse Windows for Launching Shortcuts Setting in
>> Internet
>> Explorer
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;241911
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>
>> Wes
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>>> I have a problem if I right-click, open in new window or click a
>>> link that opens a new window. A new IE window opens but nothing
>>> happens. If I click Stop, Refresh then everything proceeds properly.
>>>
>>> I have run Adware and Spybot and scanned for viruses using
>>> AVG.....everything reports fine. Updates are current.
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>>>
>>> --
>>> ----------
>>> www.fotosbyharvey.ca
>>>
>>> I need patience. NOW!
!