IE Problem

I have a problem if I right-click, open in new window or click a link that
opens a new window. A new IE window opens but nothing happens. If I click
Stop, Refresh then everything proceeds properly.

I have run Adware and Spybot and scanned for viruses using
AVG.....everything reports fine. Updates are current.

Any ideas?

--
----------
www.fotosbyharvey.ca

I need patience. NOW!
3 answers Last reply
More about problem

    You Cannot Open New Internet Explorer Window or Nothing Happens After You
    Click a Link
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679

    Description of the Reuse Windows for Launching Shortcuts Setting in Internet
    Explorer
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;241911

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    > I have a problem if I right-click, open in new window or click a link
    > that opens a new window. A new IE window opens but nothing happens.
    > If I click Stop, Refresh then everything proceeds properly.
    >
    > I have run Adware and Spybot and scanned for viruses using
    > AVG.....everything reports fine. Updates are current.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > --
    > ----------
    > www.fotosbyharvey.ca
    >
    > I need patience. NOW!

    I registered each of the files suggested, rebooted and like magic everything
    is working once again.

    Thanx for the help.

    > You Cannot Open New Internet Explorer Window or Nothing Happens After You
    > Click a Link
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679
    >
    > Description of the Reuse Windows for Launching Shortcuts Setting in
    > Internet
    > Explorer
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;241911
    >
    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >
    > Wes
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >
    >> I have a problem if I right-click, open in new window or click a link
    >> that opens a new window. A new IE window opens but nothing happens.
    >> If I click Stop, Refresh then everything proceeds properly.
    >>
    >> I have run Adware and Spybot and scanned for viruses using
    >> AVG.....everything reports fine. Updates are current.
    >>
    >> Any ideas?
    >>
    >> --
    >> ----------
    >> www.fotosbyharvey.ca
    >>
    >> I need patience. NOW!

    I love it when a plan comes together. Keep having fun. :-)

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    > I registered each of the files suggested, rebooted and like magic
    > everything is working once again.
    >
    > Thanx for the help.

    >> You Cannot Open New Internet Explorer Window or Nothing Happens
    >> After You Click a Link
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679
    >>
    >> Description of the Reuse Windows for Launching Shortcuts Setting in
    >> Internet
    >> Explorer
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;241911
    >>
    >> --
    >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >>
    >> Wes
    >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >>
    >>> I have a problem if I right-click, open in new window or click a
    >>> link that opens a new window. A new IE window opens but nothing
    >>> happens. If I click Stop, Refresh then everything proceeds properly.
    >>>
    >>> I have run Adware and Spybot and scanned for viruses using
    >>> AVG.....everything reports fine. Updates are current.
    >>>
    >>> Any ideas?
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> www.fotosbyharvey.ca
    >>>
    >>> I need patience. NOW!

Internet Explorer Support Microsoft Windows XP