16 bit Windows Subsystem error messages

I have recently clean installed XP home on a pc previously running XP pro and
cannot install my printer drivers due to this error message:
16 bit Windows Subsystem
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running
MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the
application.
I am trying to install the correct driver which previously gave me no
problem s. I have also encountered this error when trying to installl Swat.it.
Has anybody any ideas please?
1 answer Last reply
More about windows subsystem error messages

    Hi

    Please see if the following article helps:

    "Error Message When You Install or Start an MS-DOS or 16-Bit Windows Based
    Program"
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324767

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    "Murff 576" <Murff 576@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have recently clean installed XP home on a pc previously running XP pro
    >and
    > cannot install my printer drivers due to this error message:
    > 16 bit Windows Subsystem
    > C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for
    > running
    > MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the
    > application.
    > I am trying to install the correct driver which previously gave me no
    > problem s. I have also encountered this error when trying to installl
    > Swat.it.
    > Has anybody any ideas please?

Windows XP