16 bit Windows Subsystem error messages

March 22, 2005 5:07:04 PM

I have recently clean installed XP home on a pc previously running XP pro and
cannot install my printer drivers due to this error message:
16 bit Windows Subsystem
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running
MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the
application.
I am trying to install the correct driver which previously gave me no
problem s. I have also encountered this error when trying to installl Swat.it.
Has anybody any ideas please?
Anonymous
March 23, 2005 1:26:41 AM

Hi

Please see if the following article helps:

"Error Message When You Install or Start an MS-DOS or 16-Bit Windows Based
Program"
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324767

--

Will Denny