"My Computer" screen slow

Recently when click the "My Computer" icon on the desktop the screen opens
but with no information. It then takes 30 sec. for the information about the
various drives, etc. to appear. By it's self it is not a big problem but if
you are trying to save or move a file to a different drive it is really
annoying.
If I restore the computer to point from about 6 weeks ago it is fine but
then reverts by the next day. Is there any way to compare the two points to
see what is different? or any other suggestions.
It seemed to have started when I added an external USB2 drive and had to
give it a new drive letter because it conflicted with one I already had.
I have run various virus scans, spyware eliminators, system tune up programs
and nothing has helped.

TIA

Jeff

Long delay before files appear in My Computer in Windows XP:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;819017

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User