reboot during install

Hi,

I just assembled a PC system
see: http://www.roderik.net/pc.php for specs.
When I try to install windows xp it reboots at the step: 'ntfs file system'.
Any idea what might be the problem?

bar

Any idea where this is in the installation process?

Can you advise if this is right at the start when the PC is setting up your
hard drive?

And what happens when it reboots, does it continue looping through this
pahse and not go forward?

Did you prtess F6 during the startup phase to 'include' the SCSI [SATA]
drivers for your hard disk?

More from your side would help.

BAR wrote:
> Any idea where this is in the installation process?
>
> Can you advise if this is right at the start when the PC is setting up your
> hard drive?
yes, in the end of the first install minute.

> And what happens when it reboots, does it continue looping through this
> pahse and not go forward?

Breaks at the same point

> Did you prtess F6 during the startup phase to 'include' the SCSI [SATA]
> drivers for your hard disk?

With the drivers it freezes at the point:
Adaptec AIC-789X/AHA-3960 Ultra160 PCI SCSI card.

BAR wrote:
> Any idea where this is in the installation process?
>
> Can you advise if this is right at the start when the PC is setting up your
> hard drive?
>
> And what happens when it reboots, does it continue looping through this
> pahse and not go forward?
>
> Did you prtess F6 during the startup phase to 'include' the SCSI [SATA]
> drivers for your hard disk?

I inserted an IDE ATA drive and removed the SATA drive, but this makes
no difference. So the problem is probably not SATA related.
Any idea's what it might be?

Problem was in the fact that one DIMM of RAM was damaged (found out
after a memory test).