Internet Set Up Problem

Hello,

Yesterday I installed SP2, and afterwards, my internet connection was gone.
(I use a local provider, called Family Online, were you have to set up the
connection yourself and so on.) So, I started to set up the connection again,
no problem, but when I get to the "Name your connection part" it won't accept
any name. The message I get says:

"'FamilyOnline' is not a valid name. The name must include at least one
character that is not a space and does not begin with a period."

But what I typed is isn't just a period and it doesn't have any spaces! I've
tried several names but I get the same message. Is this a Windows problem or
perhaps something with my ISP? (By the way, I cannot use my backup program or
Windows Restore...to make a semi-long story short, I just cannot.)

Any help would be appreciated.

I would b e ringing your local provider and getting their support over the
phone!