Can I install Windows 7 in a netbook?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodion15

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2011
I want to install an unused Windows 7 retail in a netbook whose hard disk has broken.

Before bying the hard drive, I'd like to make sure I'll be able to install it.

Netbook: POINT OF VIEW MOBII MODEL NB9040 (with Windows 7 preinstalled)

I know there're computers where you cannot install a new OS but instead only admit restoring to factory state by using an image, unless you spend hours looking for the drivers and getting to install the OS.

I've asked the manufacturer but their only answer is that I send it to them for repair.

Rodion15

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2011
Thanks Chuds, this "Driver magician" seems useful but I won't be able to extract the drivers from the netbook hard drive because it's damaged and I can't start the OS with it.
However, thanks a lot, I didn't know such a tool existed. I'll try and see how it works.

Rodion15

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2011
unless you can extract the drivers from the hard drive without having booted from it, such as using Mini Windows XP or other live cd, do you think that's possible?.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Most netbooks are actually very generic devices. Since that is the case, unless your netbook has some sort of proprietary device, you can use the standard Win 7 drivers or download generic drivers.

Installing Win 7 on a netbook is very easy and straight-forward. Just like any other system.

Status
Not open for further replies.