Hello I am in search for a laptop for gaming. It does not necessarily have to be within 700-1000$ range but ill spur for it if its worth getting (still under 1500 please )
1. What is your budget?
-$700 ~ $1100
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
-16, 17in or higher
3. What screen resolution do you want?
-the best i can get within the price
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
-its kind of both, this question does not really matter
5. How much battery life do you need?
-any amount but more is better
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
-Yes, i want to play:
-Diablo 3 (Medium)
-Heroes of Newerth (Medium)
-League of Legends (Medium)
I want to atleast run medium on all 3 games but being able to run High is even better!
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
-not much of anything else except play music and surf the internet
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
-anything over 500gb should be good
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
-i want it to last for atleast 3-4 years
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
-well any is fine i guess, i dont necessarily know what to get
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
-i want to stray away from HP because they overheat, basically any laptop that overheats but its ok if it overheats during gaming. I also want to stray away from Dell.
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
--please help me out thank you!
Get one that has NVidia Optimus.
Optimus has two graphics cards. One efficient one and a second one for gaming. The gaming card shuts off COMPLETELY when not needed so the laptop isn't unbearably hot like other gaming laptops.
I STRONGLY suggest you get an Optimus laptop using a GTX600M series, even if you have to wait since it's fairly new.
The new 600 series uses 28nm die which runs much cooler which is a big deal for laptops.
*I don't think the new 600M series comes out until May (640M and 650M?).
I recommend a laptop that has NVidia OPTIMUS technology and a 6xxM graphics chip.