Help with Netscape Browser

March 22, 2005 8:01:03 PM

I installed the Netscape Browser, after the instalation, I click in the icon
and does not open. I used this browser before, but because I had the PC
infected with viruses, I was able to re-istall Windows XP, however when
installing, my hard drive was formated to NTSF when it was on FAT 32. Does
that mistake is the reason I cannot open the Netscape Browser?

More about : netscape browser

March 22, 2005 8:27:03 PM

And when did Microsoft 'build' Netscape.

If you want their help with their product look on their support forum.

If you can't find one, maybe you should revert to Microsoft Internet
Explorer: help and support avcailable in one of these forums.

"Carol Alfonso" wrote:

> I installed the Netscape Browser, after the instalation, I click in the icon
> and does not open. I used this browser before, but because I had the PC
> infected with viruses, I was able to re-istall Windows XP, however when
> installing, my hard drive was formated to NTSF when it was on FAT 32. Does
> that mistake is the reason I cannot open the Netscape Browser?
March 23, 2005 10:39:31 AM

"Carol Alfonso" <Carol Alfonso@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I installed the Netscape Browser, after the instalation, I click in the
>icon
> and does not open. I used this browser before, but because I had the PC
> infected with viruses, I was able to re-istall Windows XP, however when
> installing, my hard drive was formated to NTSF when it was on FAT 32.
> Does
> that mistake is the reason I cannot open the Netscape Browser?

Uninstall Netscape, reboot, and get Mozilla Firefox 1.01. MUCH better than
Netscape.
March 23, 2005 12:06:41 PM

Carol Alfonso wrote:
> I installed the Netscape Browser, after the instalation, I click in the icon
> and does not open. I used this browser before, but because I had the PC
> infected with viruses, I was able to re-istall Windows XP, however when
> installing, my hard drive was formated to NTSF when it was on FAT 32. Does
> that mistake is the reason I cannot open the Netscape Browser?

I suggest (a) making sure that your PC has no scumware, and (b)
un-installing and re-installing Netscape.

Caution: AOL updates Netscape seldom, so it often has unfixed bugs and
security issues which were fixed long before in Netscape's popular
browser.
March 24, 2005 5:31:13 AM

Carol Alfonso wrote:

> I installed the Netscape Browser, after the instalation, I click in the icon
> and does not open. I used this browser before, but because I had the PC
> infected with viruses, I was able to re-istall Windows XP, however when
> installing, my hard drive was formated to NTSF when it was on FAT 32. Does
> that mistake is the reason I cannot open the Netscape Browser?

No the file system is handled by XP. Try the latest Mozilla. Look and
feel is the same but it is more up to date. Be sure you get an install
the latest Java as well.

John
!