Start menu taskbar

This may seem ridiculous, but my Start taskbar is positioned vertically along
the left side of my screen. I've tried everything I can think of to get it to
back to where it was?

right click on the task bar and unlock the taskbar and then click and drag
the taskbar to the bottom of the screen and drop it there.

Good luck

"LadyHoshi" <LadyHoshi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This may seem ridiculous, but my Start taskbar is positioned vertically
> along
> the left side of my screen. I've tried everything I can think of to get it
> go
> back to where it was?

Right-click an empty area in the Taskbar and uncheck Lock the Taskbar
option. Now, click on the middle area of the taskbar (it should be an empty
area) and drag it towards the bottom by clicking the mouse button and
bringing it down.

Note: The Taskbar will not move along as you move the mouse. But, after you
move the mouse to the bottom most area of the screen, the Taskbar will dock
itself to the bottom. Once moved, right-click the Taskbar and enable Lock
the Taskbar option.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User